Sox @ Jays: 6:07pm CT

ChiSox59

I just don't understand how this works

What's the point of Dylan Covey pitching?

Can't we try a young guy? or some veteran off waivers?

It's like a clinic on how to play meaningless players that are neither good nor wanted by other teams.

I don't get baseball sometimes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I just don't understand how this works

What's the point of Dylan Covey pitching?

Can't we try a young guy? or some veteran off waivers?

It's like a clinic on how to play meaningless players that are neither good nor wanted by other teams.

I don't get baseball sometimes.

Because outside of Cease, they have no one close to ready that’s decent?  It’s acually amazing how little pitching depth they have.

Alonso batting .176 followed by Castillo hitting .169 in the 4 and 5 slot in the batting order.  It's hard to believe we're trying to win.  I'm pretty sure 99.9% of fans could find a lineup with a better chance of being productive.

• Like 1

Listen folks if we don’t have a starting pitcher unable to get out of the first inning without getting bombed then something might actually go right. It just seems Covey is another example of our starters not being ready 

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Listen folks if we don’t have a starting pitcher unable to get out of the first inning without getting bombed then something might actually go right. It just seems Covey is another example of our starters not being ready 

He’s another example of a starter being bad at pitching

• Like 1

Why do we have one of the hottest hitters in baseball, (McAnn) on the bench.  I understand catchers can’t play everyday, but why not put Abreu at first and DH McAnn.   Oh, that’s right, Renteria makes out the lineup!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Alonso batting .176 followed by Castillo hitting .169 in the 4 and 5 slot in the batting order.  It's hard to believe we're trying to win.  I'm pretty sure 99.9% of fans could find a lineup with a better chance of being productive.

Are Alonso's advanced metrics still looking good?

2 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Why do we have one of the hottest hitters in baseball, (McAnn) on the bench.  I understand catchers can’t play everyday, but why not put Abreu at first and DH McAnn.   Oh, that’s right, Renteria makes out the lineup!

Playing both your catchers is really dumb. Ricky’s bad, but let’s stop making up reasons he’s bad, there’s no need

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Besides Lopez/Giolito, Cease could  be the only guy that can get out of the 1st without getting bombed, and even Lopez/Giolito have games where they get bombed in the 1st inning. The bullpen is gonna be dead by July. 

• Like 1