Sox @ Jays 5/11 2:07 PM

justBLAZE

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Stroman is an awful matchup for him. I hate seeing Tim hit 7th every day but I'm not as upset about it today. 

Thing is I don’t think he’s hitting seven because Ricky recognizes a matchup problem. Yonder for example is struggling like crazy and even when facing guys he’s historically not hit well he’s still in the middle of the order. There’s just no reason for a mediocre offense to ever put one of its best bats in the bottom third of the order. 

McCann's bat is going to regress, but that's smart baseball that can't be taught. For a team that does stupid defensive things so commonly, and has for years, that's awesome to see. Who else is in the James McCann fan club?

• Love 1

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

McCann is one of RH’s best recent acquisitions. 

When he was signed, most here said he was average to below average defensively. He’s been the most impressive catcher defensively in MLB that I’ve seen all season. Even if he hits for a 650 OPS, his defense is invaluable. And what do you know, another game where he starts at catcher and another quality start from the starting pitcher with the team in position for a win. It’s no longer a coincidence.

• Chisoxfn pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic