Sox @ Jays 5/11 2:07 PM

justBLAZE

7 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Hahn finally hit on his dumpster diving.  One for the world ain’t bad.

Wasn’t really a dumpster dive. If anything he was signed for what was perceived as above market value for him. It has definitely worked out though.  You couldn’t possibly ask for a better start. 

5 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Wasn’t really a dumpster dive. If anything he was signed for what was perceived as above market value for him. It has definitely worked out though.  You couldn’t possibly ask for a better start. 

The Tigers didn’t offer him arbitration and let him become a free agent cuz he was so bad last year (.581 OPS in 457 plate appearances).  He is the very definition of dumpster diving.  1-year and $2.5 million is chump change in the MLB.  Bench player money.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris Sale said:

How is McCann not DHing at this point over Alonso on days he is not catching? How is Castillo getting two straight days of playing time over McCann under any circumstance?

I know people don't want both catchers in the same game for a number of reasons.  Here's an alternative:  can McCann play 1B?  It's not like you need to be a wiz with the mitt (Exhibit 1--Abreu).  Got to have his bat in the lineup most every day.  Alternate between C and 1B.  Abreu would continue to alternate between 1B and DH.  Just a thought.  I know it's still 2 catchers in the lineup, but at least you don't lose the DH if something happens.  Bonus:  Alonso is out of the lineup.

Edited by bubba phillips

2 hours ago, Chris Sale said:

Can’t complain about Nova today. Good to see him string two quality starts together in a row 

That might be the first time all year that the same starter has put together consecutive QS's.

Edited by bubba phillips

McCann needs to be playing every single day either at catcher or DH until he cools off. Meanwhile Alonzo is now down to .170...what a friggin' waste of nine million bucks. Amazing smarts there by Rick Hahn.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

McCann needs to be playing every single day either at catcher or DH until he cools off. Amazing smarts there by Rick Hahn.

Agreed. McCann was a very smart and amazing signing by Hahn

46 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

McCann needs to be playing every single day either at catcher or DH until he cools off. Meanwhile Alonzo is now down to .170...what a friggin' waste of nine million bucks. Amazing smarts there by Rick Hahn.

I loved the McCann signing from the start.  Always thought he had more offensive potential than what he showed in Detroit and I liked him behind the plate.  My problem with Yonder wasn't the $9 mil, it was that you were helping a division rival take $9 mil of dead money off their books.  Real head scratcher.  Hopefully he sits plenty so the option doesn't kick in.

• Like 2

Just saw the box score and watched the highlights. McCann loves that opposite field. Beautiful. Alonso is worthless in the shift era. Keep pulling the ball to second, Yonder.

Glad to see a lot of guys do well. Nova has battled back after the game where it appeared he should be DFA. I guess Hahn deserves credit for McCann. I wish all hitters would have his current approach. You don't have to pull everything.

Just think if Tilson can stay healthy. He should play every day during this tank season and see if he's a regular. He's off to a nice start. Would be neat if he and McCann hit all year.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Just saw the box score and watched the highlights. McCann loves that opposite field. Beautiful. Alonso is worthless in the shift era. Keep pulling the ball to second, Yonder.

Glad to see a lot of guys do well. Nova has battled back after the game where it appeared he should be DFA. I guess Hahn deserves credit for McCann. I wish all hitters would have his current approach. You don't have to pull everything.

Just think if Tilson can stay healthy. He should play every day during this tank season and see if he's a regular. He's off to a nice start. Would be neat if he and McCann hit all year.

Two major finds for basically nothing.  What a wonderful country.

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

Two major finds for basically nothing.  What a wonderful country.

I wouldn't say nothing. Isn't McCann a 4 million dollar guy? Tilson isn't making anything I'd guess.

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I like RH more than some of you...but he did buy a lemon in Alonzo.  He is clogging up the lineup,

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I wouldn't say nothing. Isn't McCann a 4 million dollar guy? Tilson isn't making anything I'd guess.

McCann was signed for 1-year and $2.5 million.  Jon Jay was the waste of $4 million.

Edited by Harper2Sox

6 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

McCann was signed for 1-year and $2.5 million.  Jon Jay was the waste of $4 million.

Please try to add something of value with with your posts instead of repeating the same shit over and over again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Please try to add something of value with with your posts instead of repeating the same shit over and over again. 

I did add something of value.  I informed Greg of the correct salary amounts since he was mistaken.

Edited by Harper2Sox

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic