Sox @ Jays 5/12 12:07CT Happy Mothers Day!

justBLAZE

Just now, The Sir said:

How did Jason end up talking about Egyptian brain removal procedures?

The children's book thats how you make a mummy will be available on the prize shelf next week 

@Jack Parkman is the truth. Stood by Gio through thick and thin last year and the guy has turned into a bona fide stud this year. Wow, well done Jack. I gave you props during Gio’s first outing because you could see he was a different pitcher then and he’s maintained it now through the first 1/4 of the season.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Surprises the hell out of me, but Gio is looking like a pitcher.

Bow down to the great Don Cooper, your lord and master.  Greatest pitching coach of all time.  😂😉

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Chris Sale said:

Outstanding game for Giolito! 8K, 7 IP, 1ER and totally smooth sailing since the first inning jam. McCann called a hell of a game- bringing in breaking stuff early saved the day. 

What else is new re: mccann. Dare I say 14-8 in games he starts at catcher? His MVP season may turn this team into a wild card contender after all.

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

No idea.  I am confused as you.

@The Sir Stone was discussing how when catchers used to get in the nuts the trainers would grab them from behind and make them sit up and down repeatedly, so he made fun of it by comparing it to the egyptian brain nose thing

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Is slugging percentage simply calculated by homers, doubles and triples divided by AB's?

Total bases divided by ABs. So ((singles)+(doubles*2)+(triples*3)+(homers*4))/ABs.

Nice to see TA with a 3-for-4 day and a big 3 run HR. Plate discipline still leaves something to be desired but his fielding and hitting in general have both displayed dramatic improvement. Not that it’s news to anyone here but it really can’t be said or appreciated enough IMO

Edited by Chris Sale
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Total bases / ABs

total bases are singles + (doubles*2) + (triples*3) + (home runs*4)

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Total bases divided by ABs. So ((singles)+(doubles*2)+(triples*3)+(homers*4))/ABs.

Thank you both