Sox @ Jays 5/12 12:07CT Happy Mothers Day!

justBLAZE

1) it doesn’t matter if Yoan hits .265 or .300. It matters if he can maintain an OPS north of .850.

2) the dude is still 23 (yes I know he turns 24 in a couple weeks) and missed 18 months of professional baseball. Given that he has taken a step this year, I expect he will take one more next year.

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

If Coop wasn’t helping guys, wasn’t an asset or was hurting guys...he would not be on the team.  This hatred for Coop or thinking he’s a dinosaur, or saying the game has passed him by is not based in fact.  It’s conjecture.  Overall body of work is solid- Gio and Lopez are progressing and the young bullpen guys are being tested in the fire   

It’s okay to give the front office credit for the pitching side of things.  I haven’t been a fan of the other 29 teams, so it’s hard to compare, but the Sox seem to be really good at identifying pitching.  

The north side is horrendous at it and that’s about all I know. 

I think we all need to chill, and if you look at the macro instead of the micro, you’ll see KW, RH, DC and yes, even JR, are building an absolute monster.  

The future lineup and 4/5 of the starters are already here or getting here soon.  Everyone is anxious to get past the Alonso /Covey stage and get to the fun stuff.

I hope that my quoting the article, which discussed Giolito's changed mechanics, did not suggest that I don't like Coop. I actually like Coop, a lot. I was just surprised to learn that the change was the suggestion of Gio's old high school coach.

Edited by Lillian