And that’s a Pretty in Pink White Sox Winner....

Bazox

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Awesome to finally be seeing some green shoots from the rebuild.  Let's get eloy and cease up here and see what happens this summer!

I honestly feel p good about next year. They’re playing well enough to snap the FO into go time mode one would hope. 

Edited by mqr

Giolito looked terrific again. Good for him. Only downer was Moncada 0-5 with three strikeouts, now down to .277.

Alonzo is Adam Dunn 2.0 Both are left handers, both are making a lot of money, both usually hit under .200 and their only worth is hitting home runs. He hit one today but this is still a big mistake by Hahn unless he somehow turns things around. Maybe start going the other way to beat the shift and start raising his average?

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Awesome to finally be seeing some green shoots from the rebuild.  Let's get eloy and cease up here and see what happens this summer!

A really nicely played game.  I never had one moment when I felt we might lose.  I haven't given up on this year getting interesting.  We only have Minnesota and Cleveland to beat.  Stuff can happen as were seeing with McCann, Tilson, Bummer, Gio and others.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Giolito looked terrific again. Good for him. Only downer was Moncada 0-5 with three strikeouts, now down to .277.

Alonzo is Adam Dunn 2.0 Both are left handers, both are making a lot of money, both usually hit under .200 and their only worth is hitting home runs. He hit one today but this is still a big mistake by Hahn unless he somehow turns things around. Maybe start going the other way to beat the shift and start raising his average?

Other than playing 1B Adam Dunn and Yonder Alonso couldn‘t have more different hitter profiles. 

Usually hit under .200 is also a blatant lie. 

I am no Yonder fan but this ridiculous.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Crazy giolito could rebuild his entire delivery and become successful under the worst pitching coach in baseball

Sadly, Giolito doesn’t credit Cooper.  He says the changes were the result of work with his childhood pitching coach Ethan Katz, who now works for the Giants.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/lucas-giolito-strikes-out-eight-in-win-over-blue-jays

9 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Other than playing 1B Adam Dunn and Yonder Alonso couldn‘t have more different hitter profiles. 

Usually hit under .200 is also a blatant lie. 

I am no Yonder fan but this ridiculous.

His career line is still pretty weak for a 1B/DH.

.262  .334  .407  .741

29 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sadly, Giolito doesn’t credit Cooper.  He says the changes were the result of work with his childhood pitching coach Ethan Katz, who now works for the Giants.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/lucas-giolito-strikes-out-eight-in-win-over-blue-jays

I used weighted plyo balls against a wall to shorten my sons arm circle up as an infielder. Its remarkably effective instead of trying to give verbal cues or doing random drills.   

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Not surprised.  

It's time to put Coop out to pasture

33 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Is it sad because he doesn't give him any credit or is it sad because Cooper had nothing to do with it?

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Giolito joining a few guys in the org who got outside help to get right I see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Alonzo makes decent contact. Dunn could not keep up with all of the flame throwers.