And that’s a Pretty in Pink White Sox Winner....

Bazox

11 hours ago, pcq said:

Alonzo makes decent contact. Dunn could not keep up with all of the flame throwers. 

He does make hard contact.  It seems that the extreme shift guys mostly are home run or nothing,  They really should work on the opposite field to widen out the playing area.

11 hours ago, oldsox said:

In all these years, I never heard of a weighted baseball workout.

They were popular in the 80s and are now making a comeback. they can be very good for control and strength if used properly. if not they can cause a variety if shoulder injuries which is why they feel it of favor for awhile. 

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

He does make hard contact.  It seems that the extreme shift guys mostly are home run or nothing,  They really should work on the opposite field to widen out the playing area.

Pitchers are throwing much fewer fastballs low and away to hitters in general, but to pull hitters they are getting a diet of inside fastballs and breaking stuff which can be even harder to go the other way with.

15 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Nobody's saying he's good. Lip just made an extremely lazy comparison. 

I don't think its lazy at all, both guys have many of the same characteristics to me. Home run or nothing. Alonzo has shown more of course in the past, but like many of Hahn's acquisitions as soon as he put that White Sox uniform on he went right down the toilet for some unexplained reason.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't think its lazy at all, both guys have many of the same characteristics to me. Home run or nothing. Alonzo has shown more of course in the past, but like many of Hahn's acquisitions as soon as he put that White Sox uniform on he went right down the toilet for some unexplained reason.

If you rip on him everyday, you have to spell Alonso right. 

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

If you rip on him everyday, you have to spell Alonso right. 

Excuse me. Doesn't detract from the point I was trying to make. It's very frustrating to see another acquisition perform badly as soon as he gets to the Sox. Whomever does the major league scouting and evaluating (since Hahn doesn't make decisions in a vacuum) needs to be held accountable for all these mistakes which seem to badly outnumber the ones that have succeeded.   

Edited by Lip Man 1

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Excuse me. Doesn't detract from the point I was trying to make. It's very frustrating to see another acquisition perform badly as soon as he gets to the Sox. Whomever does the major league scouting and evaluating (since Hahn doesn't make decisions in a vacuum) needs to be held accountable for all these mistakes which seem to badly outnumber the ones that have succeeded.   

I vote we put you in charge.  Would love to see how sick the Sox bullpen would be without a single "stiff".  

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

They were popular in the 80s and are now making a comeback. they can be very good for control and strength if used properly. if not they can cause a variety if shoulder injuries which is why they feel it of favor for awhile. 

Used to see them around down in spring training (DIII but we played Juco teams and such) and a few of our pitchers like to throw one a bit on their off days.  Always at way less than max effort though and usually only around 20-40 feet.