5/13 Games

flavum

29 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Fine? Need him to DOMINATE

I assume this is sarcasm, but I'll respond anyway.

People were complaining about him striking out too much (and to some extent that he wasn't walking much) when he was destroying the ball for Winston-Salem. His approach seems to have changed based on early numbers in Birmingham. He has more walks with Birmingham (5) than he had in about twice as many PA with W-S (4). His K rate is much lower (16.3% vs. 23.8%) in AA. We're obviously dealing with a small sample size, but it's a good sign that he is improving in some ways while the other numbers aren't coming as easily as they did in A ball.

I understand looking at box scores everyday and getting caught up in a small slump and noticing batting average because it's visible in every box. Madrigal I get worried about, but Robert will be a good player. Maybe he has a shot to be a great one, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, danman31 said:

I assume this is sarcasm, but I'll respond anyway.

People were complaining about him striking out too much (and to some extent that he wasn't walking much) when he was destroying the ball for Winston-Salem. His approach seems to have changed based on early numbers in Birmingham. He has more walks with Birmingham (5) than he had in about twice as many PA with W-S (4). His K rate is much lower (16.3% vs. 23.8%) in AA. We're obviously dealing with a small sample size, but it's a good sign that he is improving in some ways while the other numbers aren't coming as easily as they did in A ball.

I understand looking at box scores everyday and getting caught up in a small slump and noticing batting average because it's visible in every box. Madrigal I get worried about, but Robert will be a good player. Maybe he has a shot to be a great one, too.

Thank you.  I'm a bit paranoid by the current situation in BHAM, it's great to see Robert starting to pick it up.

Kubat 26 yo lhp.  Third start at AA.  All seven innings.  gives up first run so   21ip 14h 1r 0w 17k.  Could we get some info on his stuff?  Could we pretty please have a late bloomer on our hands who becomes something?

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Kubat 26 yo lhp.  Third start at AA.  All seven innings.  gives up first run so   21ip 14h 1r 0w 17k.  Could we get some info on his stuff?  Could we pretty please have a late bloomer on our hands who becomes something?

He'd have to be the next Mark Buehrle. That is what his velo is like. 

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I know he just got promoted to Birmingham, but I would love to see Kubat get promoted to Charlotte sooner than later.

Man the pitching staff at AAA and line up at AA are really struggling.  Heck he may get a shot before long.

18 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I watched his start on milb.tv today so I have no idea on velo. Nothing is straight. Has a bit of a leg hitch in his delivery that seemed to fool hitters. He pounded the zone, mostly kept the ball low. He made some hitters look really bad in the first 3-4 innings and then appeared to tire in the last few. He got behind more batters, got fewer whiffs and was giving up more solid contact towards the end. His curve has good movement. I could see him being a solid lefty reliever.

He just got promoted to AA so I don't know that the Sox will be in a hurry to move him again, but I would like to see him try his stuff in a hitters' environment in AAA just to see if there's anything there.