5/13 Games

flavum

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

We just doomed him.

(And Pilkington, Varnell)

It's realistic though to understand the longshot with them. It helps that both are lefties, but there just aren't that many successful pitchers with that low-end velo.

That said, at this point the sox could just use dylan axelrod type depth and even if they are that that's useful too. The struggles of stephens, adams, guerrero, etc to be remotely usable really sucks on that front.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It's realistic though to understand the longshot with them. It helps that both are lefties, but there just aren't that many successful pitchers with that low-end velo.

That said, at this point the sox could just use dylan axelrod type depth and even if they are that that's useful too. The struggles of stephens, adams, guerrero, etc to be remotely usable really sucks on that front.

Oh, I know it's a long shot. It's just the next Buehrle label is almost like a kiss of death.

Edit: Because Buehrle was so absurdly unique. If you never read this Grantland piece on Buehrle, read it. 

The Curious Case of Mark Buehrle

• Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

Oh, I know it's a long shot. It's just the next Buehrle label is almost like a kiss of death.

The other part with kubat though is there are a lot of reasons to discount him that people may be missing on the thing that may actually make him effective so I do just want to see him keep up. Junior Guerra type situation where maybe we get a couple useful years as a starter for nothing.