Sox vs Indians, 5/13 7:10PM CT

justBLAZE

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not suggesting they do this or that it’s realistic but, hypothetically, if the Sox signed both Kimbrel and Keuchel in three weeks could they compete for the division title this year? Indians are a shell of their 2016/2017 teams and I imagine the Twins will fall back a bit after their extremely hot start.

Half of us will say hell yes.  Half of us will say are you nuts.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not suggesting they do this or that it’s realistic but, hypothetically, if the Sox signed both Kimbrel and Keuchel in three weeks could they compete for the division title this year? Indians are a shell of their 2016/2017 teams and I imagine the Twins will fall back a bit after their extremely hot start.

They would compete but it would likely still be a long shot 

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Half of us will say hell yes.  Half of us will say are you nuts.

I mean, adding a hall of fame closer to pair with Colome and Herrera would be lethal. Game over with a lead heading into the 7th. And if Gio, Lopez, and Nova continue doing what they’re doing, Keuchel slides into the rotation along with Cease and that might actually be a league average starting rotation. The offense is already a tick above league average as is.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I mean, adding a hall of fame closer to pair with Colome and Herrera would be lethal. Game over with a lead heading into the 7th. And if Gio, Lopez, and Nova continue doing what they’re doing, Keuchel slides into the rotation along with Cease and that might actually be a league average starting rotation. The offense is already a tick above league average as is.

I'm on that side as well

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

98 from Lopez with command!

It'll be nice to see him and Giolito be two guys in that rotation that we have nothing to worry about and be established young arms for us. Obviously it gets bleek after that with Covey, Nova (although he will at least eat up innings) etc. 

Edited by SoxAce

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic