Adolfo out for 2019

bmags

35 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Micker is barely a prospect at this point. Who cares about keeping him in the organization? He's nobody.

Yep. All flash and no substance. Dude doesn't have the hit tool to succeed. He will never make it out of Birimingham. 

Edited by OneDog847

23 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Yep. All flash and no substance. Dude doesn't have the hit tool to succeed. He will never make it out of Birimingham. 

27% at WS last year, over 36% in limited time this year. Feel bad for the kid, but as a Sox fan, I don't see this as a huge loss.

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Incredibly injury prone. I wouldn't count on him either at this point. Dude is made of glass. 

It’s just another blow to any prospect depth that had existed that we could have used as trade bait. Unfortunately the depth is almost gone.

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Micker is barely a prospect at this point. Who cares about keeping him in the organization? He's nobody.

One of those guys we were thinking about when we all agreed that not all our prospects would work out.  It sucks but not unexpected.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

per fegan via Hahn, the Sox will be granted another option year on Adolfo due to his missed time.  

That is fairly big news. 

Only expected to miss 4-6 months of baseball activities, so sounds like a relatively minor operation as far as elbow surgeries go.  

Well that is fucking huge.  Sucks he’s losing so much development, but at least our team control isn’t completely at risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Do you genuinely think Adolfo had a chance to be a contributor at the MLB level for us?

You realize he's still pretty young don't you...only 22?  Very disappointing. I always had visions of him in RF for this team. I'm not writing him off.  If he gets healthy he'll stick with somebody.  Sox would be idiots to give up on him at this point.

4 minutes ago, Wanne said:

You realize he's still pretty young don't you...only 22?  Very disappointing. I always had visions of him in RF for this team. I'm not writing him off.  If he gets healthy he'll stick with somebody.  Sox would be idiots to give up on him at this point.

He's young, but injury prone and rapidly losing development time, and has a severe swing and miss issue.

17 minutes ago, The Sir said:

He's young, but injury prone and rapidly losing development time, and has a severe swing and miss issue.

What other injuries has he had?  Wasn't his UCL pretty much his first major injury...and this is a follow up/clean up of that? Personally I think the Sox fucked up last year by not just having him have surgery back in the spring instead of waiting until June/July or whenever it was.

6 minutes ago, Wanne said:

What other injuries has he had?  Wasn't his UCL pretty much his first major injury...and this is a follow up/clean up of that? 

Hmm....  let's see... and this is just based off my memory. 

Broken leg (surgery)

Fractured hamate bone (surgery)

UCL tear (surgery)

Now elbow again (surgery)

I can't remember if he fucked his shoulder up too and needed surgery on that, but you get the picture. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Isn't he down to like 0-1 minor league options remaining or something remarkably low like that? 

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Isn't he down to like 0-1 minor league options remaining or something remarkably low like that? 

He was down to one (next season). Hahn said today that due to his injuries the Sox will be granted a 4th option year. Sox now don’t need to add him to MLb roster until OD 2022. Actually a very significant development. 

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Do you genuinely think Adolfo had a chance to be a contributor at the MLB level for us?

A chance? Of course he has a chance. His injuries the last couple years are super unfortunate. To say you don’t care about retaining a guy like him is asinine. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A chance? Of course he has a chance. His injuries the last couple years are super unfortunate. To say you don’t care about retaining a guy like him is asinine. 

To be honest, our development history has probably ruined me. We suck at producing hitters, so when a guy's production in the mid minors is so abysmal (with bad peripherals, like K-rate), I don't really expect them to amount to much. I honestly don't have high hopes for any offensive player in our minor league system, with the exception of Madrigal (because of his insane hit tool). Hope I'm wrong.

• bmags unpinned this topic