And that's a White Sox winner!

chitownsportsfan

Lopez showing 97 in the 8th and only 2 BB against 6K in 7/2/3 of 2 hit 1ER, 2R ball!

Moncada just huge.  Jose and Beef homer.  Solid defense all around for the most part.

Tribe announcers sounded despondent after the game.  Feels good to win!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

A win tomorrow would put us 1 game under .500 heading into an off day ahead of another series against the struggling Blue Jays. Let's do it 

sounds strange but we need to beat these shit teams.  of course manny is going tmr so yea we're a shit team too some days.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

A win tomorrow would put us 1 game under .500 heading into an off day ahead of another series against the struggling Blue Jays. Let's do it 

Take 4 of the next 5 and end the week with a season record over .500, that’d be something completely unexpected on May 19th of this season.

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Take 4 of the next 5 and end the week with a season record over .500, that’d be something completely unexpected on May 19th of this season.

There's no such thing as a team that can't be beat.  McCann comes back tomorrow well rested.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

If only Renteria didn't feel the need to waste a lineup spot on Yonder Alonso

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Moncada! He's special.

Abreu has 10 homers and 36 RBIs. Most underrated Sox player in years. All the guy does is produce. Give him some money, Jerry.

Too old. Trade him while he has value. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Too old. Trade him while he has value. 

I'm glad I'm enjoying every minute of Abreu's career. Not the team, but his individual career. He is one class act. Pay him. Enjoy him. Respect him. Thank u.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Moncada! He's special.

Abreu has 10 homers and 36 RBIs. Most underrated Sox player in years. All the guy does is produce. Give him some money, Jerry.

I honestly don't see why the Sox wouldn't give him a 2-3 year extension.  He's made it clear he wants to play for the Sox for his career.  I would imagine a 2-3 year deal at $12MM to $15MM per would get it done.

Maybe it means the same thing as underrated, but I view him as one of the most under-appreciated Sox players in years.

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Moncada! He's special.

lol, every other team's meathead announcers "Jose Abreu with ___ RBI and ___ HR since ___ Is one of the best players in all of baseball".

In reality he's like 100th or so in WAR since he came into the league.  An above average regular borderline star.  Not one of the "best players in baseball" based on counting stats.  He's also living off a fluke rookie season and his 167 wRC+.  That's a superstar line.  He hasn't sniffed that since.  He is a staggering -73.3 runs below average with the glove.  He gets dinged for being a 1B, but he's one of the worst everyday fielders in MLB.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, every other team's meathead announcers "Jose Abreu with ___ RBI and ___ HR since ___ Is one of the best players in all of baseball".

In reality he's like 100th or so in WAR since he came into the league.  An above average regular borderline star.  Not one of the "best players in baseball" based on counting stats.  He's also living off a fluke rookie season and his 167 wRC+.  That's a superstar line.  He hasn't sniffed that since.  He is a staggering -73.3 runs below average with the glove.  He gets dinged for being a 1B, but he's one of the worst everyday fielders in MLB.

Hes 39th in war since coming into the league and 5th among 1bman

• Like 1

Machado has 21 RBI this season, but I guess there'll be some advanced stat saying he's having a way better season than Abreu. We're already six weeks into the season. I don't want to be part of a sport if that sport tells me Abreu is only average. Oh well, I need to stop responding or I'll get banned. Just remember when Abreu hits his next home run I am a big fan.

20 hours ago, greg775 said:

Machado has 21 RBI this season, but I guess there'll be some advanced stat saying he's having a way better season than Abreu. We're already six weeks into the season. I don't want to be part of a sport if that sport tells me Abreu is only average. Oh well, I need to stop responding or I'll get banned. Just remember when Abreu hits his next home run I am a big fan.

No question Abreu is at minimum a border line star.  Wish we would just extend him or have someone overpay us for him.  I'm good with either.  Just don't take some nothing return for him.

21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He should never never sniff the field when Alonso is playing. Everytime this happens it shows the incompetence of Ricky and selfishness of Jose. TEAM FIRST

21 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol I knew somebody would look it up.  bWAR or fWAR?  Where is he if you go from his 2nd year?  

“I knew someone would research facts to show I’m wrong. Now go do some more research and find something, anything, that proves me right.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sox72 said:

“I knew someone would research facts to show I’m wrong. Now go do some more research and find something, anything, that proves me right.”

Fun with selective end points.  Again I ask someone with a bref sub that can run the report what he ranks when you take away his 6 WAR rookie year which is clearly an outlier.

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fun with selective end points.  Again I ask someone with a bref sub that can run the report what he ranks when you take away his 6 WAR rookie year which is clearly an outlier.

It's only fair to take away his worst season (2018) if you're going to take away his best though, right?