Sox vs Indians 5/14 1:10PM CT

justBLAZE

Delmonico batting 2nd....

It seems like Ricky just picks names out of a hat to make the line ups sometimes. I wish we were a normal team with a set line up. The only consistent part of our line up is Abreu 3rd and Alonso 4th.

43 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada was quoted recently (yesterday maybe?) as saying he was tired lately.  I am totally OK giving his legs a day. 

I'm cool giving him an extra day if he's feeling tired.  Just sucks that its the day after he busted out of his slump.  

It also would be really nice if there were someone else on the roster to take DH ABs away from Corpse Alonso...

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

I'm cool giving him an extra day if he's feeling tired.  Just sucks that its the day after he busted out of his slump.  

It also would be really nice if there were someone else on the roster to take DH ABs away from Corpse Alonso...

Maybe he busted out of his slump because he was re-energized knowing he had 2 days off?

5 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Delmonico batting 2nd....

It seems like Ricky just picks names out of a hat to make the line ups sometimes. I wish we were a normal team with a set line up. The only consistent part of our line up is Abreu 3rd and Alonso 4th.

Ricky is like Joe Maddon in this way. It drives me nuts.

24 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Tomorrow is their only day off in the month. Sitting today (or Thursday) gets him 2 days off in a row.

• bmags pinned this topic
16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Does anyone know if anything has changed? More time in the weight room and practice during the season? More training in the off-season?

Not really something thast has changed in the last decade or so, but going back further than that, long term contracts is what has changed.  Guys used to play for 1 year deals, so they'd play through just about anything as their next season's paycheck depended on it.  Now a days teams are more cautious because they have guys locked up long term, players are more cautious because sitting out more often keeps them fresh, and unless an impending FA, shouldn't affect your pay down the line that much. etc., etc.,  

On MLB network today. So the morning show they were talking up the Sox and Giolito got interviewed.

It does suck when we can't put our best lineup out there when on national TV. Imagine this team if Kopech and Dunning don't get hurt. Perhaps both in the starting rotation .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic