Sox vs Indians 5/14 1:10PM CT

justBLAZE

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This tanking/losing on purpose is really bad. Whenever you have Banuelos and Covey starting you're basically tanking/losing on purpose. Everybody wants Cease up with the team now. Instead they keep pitching Banuelos and Covey. The White Sox have a tough 7 game road trip next week at Houston and Minnesota. As it stands now, Banuelos and Covey will be starting 4 of those games. It should be ugly.

Well they weren't going to really be doing anything this year anyway so I guess from that perspective it's not a big deal. What IS a big deal is injury after injury after injury seemingly non-stop.  And I don't think you'll be seeing Banuelos for awhile anyway. 

2 hours ago, Lillian said:

This tightly wound baseball is going to ruin the game. Aside from all of these injuries to pitchers arms, trying to throw breaking pitches, with virtually no raised seams, the exit velocities, on some of these hard it balls, is going to get a pitcher killed. I hope they decide to go back to the old ball. I think that those are more important considerations than the inflated ERA's.

I was at the game today. Timmy threw my two year old son a ball between innings. I've got another official ball from a decade ago at the crib. Is there a lab somewhere to send the balls for comparison lol? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're not pitching Banuelos and Covey because they want to. In a perfect world, Kopech and Rodon would be pitching in their spots. Injures have forced them into this situation. 

Where's all the minor league depth in the Sox supposed top 5 farm system? If stiffs like Banuelos and Covey are still starting games for the Sox next year then it might be time to cancel the rebuild show. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're not pitching Banuelos and Covey because they want to. In a perfect world, Kopech and Rodon would be pitching in their spots. Injures have forced them into this situation. 

With all this talk during the off season of the team signing Machado/Harper I was hoping they would spend some money on 2 starting pitchers. 2 good starting pitchers could have made the team much better and in this division they could have possibly gone to the playoffs. They knew Kopech wasn't pitching this season and Rodon was horrible the last month of the 2018 season. They should have added some pitching  instead of Banuelos and Covey.

13 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Where's all the minor league depth in the Sox supposed top 5 farm system? If stiffs like Banuelos and Covey are still starting games for the Sox next year then it might be time to cancel the rebuild show. 

It's all injured. Not much they can do a out that. If they sign pitchers other than bargain bin stop gaps, they're blocking the kids. 

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Kinda want him to just keep going hitless so they have no choice but to cut him ASAP.

No way they are going to cut him. He's getting paid a lot of money and also he's a veteran. A lot of vet sluggers aren't cold weather hitters and it'd be stupid to just release him before he has a chance to go on a tear in hot weather. (Caveat here: not that I'm an Alonso supporter. I do not want him on my team, but I see no way Sox just cut him; I mean I know we got money to burn but that's outright dumb after a month and a half).

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This Banuelos guy is not MLB caliber IMO. Sox should issue refund tickets for today. Why not? Give out some tix for September games if you sat through today's borefest.

I was there today. Only enjoyable thing about the game was the weather. Banuelos and Ostich were throwing BP today. Neither of those guys will be in major league baseball this time next year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I was there today. Only enjoyable thing about the game was the weather. Banuelos and Ostich were throwing BP today. Neither of those guys will be in major league baseball this time next year. 

Was there really 18,000? That's a pretty damn fine crowd for a Tuesday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Was there really 18,000? That's a pretty damn fine crowd for a Tuesday afternoon.

Seemed like a lot of kids for weather day. And yes, a good crowd. Just happy Manny didn’t get anyone killed.

3 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Mark my words if Manny B goes on the IL the call up will be Detwiler

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic