Banuelos leaves game with shoulder soreness

Sockin

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

There is a guy who's pretty good at predicting injuries out there, but the entire industry calls him a fraud, because he's telling them what they don't want to hear. 

He probably is a fraud. Most of those types are.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Back on topic - seems like maybe Banuelos will not be placed on the IL. Would have imagined that move would have been announced by now. 

Not necessarily. Did the Sox say anything about Jones for example after he got hurt? I don't think they said a word until Rick announced he had surgery and was done for the year. Same with Rodon if I remember right two years ago with that mysterious shoulder soreness in spring training. They went weeks without saying a word.

Sox basically just seem a little paranoid about medical issues going back to Kenny's press conference after "shouldergate" where he defended the Sox medical staff when some of the injured pitchers were saying they were misdiagnosed as well as Toronto's charges that he was hiding Sirotka's injury. (I don't think he was and neither did the commissioner as it turned out) 

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've been following the guy since 2006, he's got a 80-90% success rate on pitcher injuries. I don't understand why nobody takes him seriously. 

Post the link to his stuff. I'd love to see it. I've never seen anyone who can figure out pitching like that.

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Post the link to his stuff. I'd love to see it. I've never seen anyone who can figure out pitching like that.

Chrisoleary.com

Very few of the pitchers he's tagged have stayed healthy. 

He took down all of his free stuff from his old site. 

He had Strasburg tagged before he was even drafted. 

He had Kopech tagged when the Sox traded for him. 

If you go down his Twitter feed you'll see how many guys he got right. It's insane. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Chrisoleary.com

Just glancing through his stuff, he is pretty accurate on many things. Mechanics and training wise he does have good points. however, you can tell by just reading that the guy is a complete wackadoodle as a person and i can see why people don't take him seriously. Which is unfortunate because he does have good ideas even though he didn't come about them from a particularly scientific way. I would love to sit down and have a few cold ones wih him and discuss pitching. It would be an entertaining time.

• Like 1

So Manny gets shelled and its because he's tipping pitches. Then he's getting shelled again and claims shoulder soreness. His MRI comes back clean....hmmm... I think we have an excuse maker on our hands ladies and gentlemen. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hatchetman said:

I don't doubt the guy's arm is sore. Sox staff probably MRI'd the wrong arm.

The Sox dont have an MRI unit nor do they read them.

Edited by ptatc

18 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Chrisoleary.com

He took down all of his free stuff from his old site. 

He had Strasburg tagged before he was even drafted. 

He had Kopech tagged when the Sox traded for him. 

If you go down his Twitter feed you'll see how many guys he got right. It's insane. 

Also Rodon.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:23 AM, OneDog847 said:

Can we trust the Sox FO to be competent enough to monitor both the ABs of Alonso and the innings pitched of Cashner? 

"No No No, I am absolutely sure that Cashner's option vests with 550IP this year, and Alonso's vests with 187 games played. We should be fine!"