Banuelos leaves game with shoulder soreness

Sockin

Suspect an IL stint is upcoming.  Hopefully we get to see Lambert or Flores.  No one in AAA has pitched well enough to get the call.  

That said, I suspect we'll see a pen arm up on Thursday for the weekend, and then Fulmer up to take Banuelos spot in the rotation next Monday.  

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Suspect an IL stint is upcoming.  Hopefully we get to see Lambert or Flores.  No one in AAA has pitched well enough to get the call.  

That said, I suspect we'll see a pen arm up on Thursday for the weekend, and then Fulmer up to take Banuelos spot in the rotation next Monday.  

Fulmer against the Astros would be an absolute horror show.

24 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

It’s getting to the point where they will have to scour the waiver wire.

They already have in a sense, his name was Santana. I can't believe I'm saying this but would they consider bringing back James Shields who threw for some teams last week?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They already have in a sense, his name was Santana. I can't believe I'm saying this but would they consider bringing back James Shields who threw for some teams last week?

Only if he would sign for the minimum.  The Sox have plenty of guys who can put up an ERA over 5.  What would be the point?  Shields isn’t helping you win anything either.

Edited by Harper2Sox

14 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Fulmer, I'd think, will be back up.   Man if he could just figure it out up here it would help so much.  

I forgot about this first round failure.  At this point, you may as well give him a shot.  Good call.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Is he really hurt or is it a BS excuse. The last time he got shelled it was he was tipping pitches. This time the excuse is gonna be a bad shoulder. I am starting to question this guy's mental toughness.

As an old basketball coach, it reminds me of the player who misses an open layup and for some reason is limping back on defense. "It's not my fault I missed that bunny. My knee (or ankle or whatever) gave out for a second. 

25 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Is he really hurt or is it a BS excuse. The last time he got shelled it was he was tipping pitches. This time the excuse is gonna be a bad shoulder. I am starting to question this guy's mental toughness.

As an old basketball coach, it reminds me of the player who misses an open layup and for some reason is limping back on defense. "It's not my fault I missed that bunny. My knee (or ankle or whatever) gave out for a second. 

could be the other way around. he looked pretty good until the last couple of starts. Maybe that's when he started having shoulder issues.

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Sox are calling it a shoulder strain and he'll be looked at on Wednesday. (What are the odds he's under the knife in two weeks or so?)

shoulder strain can be anything muscle related. it gives us no clue.

Stephens, Adams and Guerrero have all been getting blown up.

Guys on the 40-man:

Medeiros, Stephens.

Names who could be added once Rodon is put on the 60-day:

Guerrero, Adams, Cease.

Outside of Cease, I fear for all of them.

You could throw Flores in there, but I doubt they'd want to rush him. Wth Medeiros, I don't think they'd care at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

Stephens, Adams and Guerrero have all been getting blown up.

Guys on the 40-man:

Medeiros, Stephens.

Names who could be added once Rodon is put on the 60-day:

Guerrero, Adams, Cease.

Outside of Cease, I fear for all of them.

You could throw Flores in there, but I doubt they'd want to rush him. Wth Medeiros, I don't think they'd care at this point. 

Flores, Lambert, or Detwiler are my guesses