Hahn On Tatis Jr. Trade

Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Brooks Boyer is actually the puppet master.

The man has little to work with.  White Sox only established player does not even speak to electronic media.  Cubs, Bears, and Hawks all have stars that casual Chicago fan knows about.  I don't think Sox have had one since Konerko.

5 minutes ago, TBrown54 said:

The man has little to work with.  White Sox only established player does not even speak to electronic media.  Cubs, Bears, and Hawks all have stars that casual Chicago fan knows about.  I don't think Sox have had one since Konerko.

Well there's that guy playing shortstop that has been talked about every day all year long. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, wegner said:

Why in the hell did Hahn even have to throw in a lottery ticket like Tatis into that deal?  Erik Johnson should have been more than enough for a James Shields who sucked and was being called out by the owner for how much he sucked if I recall correctly.  Hahn was doing the Padres a favor taking him off their hands. 

Everything you posted is correct, and true.

However, what has bothered me about this stupid move was that those mouth-breathing morons in the front office thought:

1. The shitty 2016 roster that they dropped on us, AND

2. the shitty, moronic manager who never wanted to be here, and wasn't even a HEAD coach in HS,

3. Collectively had a snowball's chance in hell of competing.

In other words, KW/RH/JR are all collectively too stupid to tell the difference between a GOOD team, and a poor one. So set aside that anyone with a 3-digit IQ and working eyes could have seen that Shields was one of the suckiest sucks that ever sucked. Set aside that Shields could have/SHOULD have been gotten for mere money/salary relief/NO prospect equity.

The people still running this org are simply too dumb to do their jobs. They were dumb in 2016, and I see little to suggest that they've gotten smarter since then. FFS, the squandering of resources on turds like Jay and Alonzo and others, and then whining about the price tag for Machado reinforces the idea that they don't know a good player from a poor one.

THAT'S what truly hurts about this idiotic, moronic, and dumb trade. RH/KW/JR ALL deserve a verbal beating for being fucking morons. And yes, Tatis' likely ascension to stardom will be the constant reminder that we have imbeciles running this team [into the ground].

• Like 6

7 hours ago, mqr said:

Well there's that guy playing shortstop that has been talked about every day all year long. 

Yeah, he's better and he's doing stuff with the community. If he becomes a a star would be a great thing for the franchise.

The Tatis deal eventually will get Hahn fired. Unless perhaps it was KW who demanded the deal. You can't make a trade like that and survive. Just as taking Oden instead of Durant eventually felled the GM that took Oden. Can't overcome such blunders even though all GMs wanted Oden.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

The Tatis deal eventually will get Hahn fired. Unless perhaps it was KW who demanded the deal. You can't make a trade like that and survive. Just as taking Oden instead of Durant eventually felled the GM that took Oden. Can't overcome such blunders even though all GMs wanted Oden.

But only one GM wanted Shields.  The Padres owner even ripped Shields before the trade.

15 hours ago, TBrown54 said:

With all of Tim Andersons community work and professional skills...if you can't make him known to the casual fan your not trying.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

God I hate this shit.  Just man up. YOU'RE THE FUCKING GM.   HAVE SOME PRIDE IF YOUR "VISION" IS BEING NEGATED THAN FUCKING RESIGN.

Sadly I've come to realize that while a smart guy and a smooth talker Hahn is just a yes man like Gar that doesn't really bring any real skills to the job other than perhaps contract negotiation.  There is a reason that JR has setup the Bulls and Sox in similar ways.  If nobody is in charge, nobody can be blamed!

Great Post.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Everyone knows that Tatis would've never made it past AA had he remained with the Sox. 

He certainly wouldn't have been brought up at 20. Oh, the idea he might be that good, that early and Reinsdorf would have to pay him?

Perish the thought.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, WBWSF said:

Hahn certainly isn't interview shy but he is plainly full of shit. I've seen him a number of times in  person at season ticket seminars and at Soxfest. If you ask him a question he doesn't like, he will talk endlessly but he won't answer your question. He does seem to be a very  happy guy and he should be. He has the worse won-loss record of any MLB GM the last 6 years and he still has his high paying job. If he had been working for virtually  any other MLB team he would have been fired 3 years ago.

You can be sure he won't get another opportunity to screw up another mlb organization. He might go work in the league office if he wants to stay in sports.

15 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Everything you posted is correct, and true.

However, what has bothered me about this stupid move was that those mouth-breathing morons in the front office thought:

1. The shitty 2016 roster that they dropped on us, AND

2. the shitty, moronic manager who never wanted to be here, and wasn't even a HEAD coach in HS,

3. Collectively had a snowball's chance in hell of competing.

In other words, KW/RH/JR are all collectively too stupid to tell the difference between a GOOD team, and a poor one. So set aside that anyone with a 3-digit IQ and working eyes could have seen that Shields was one of the suckiest sucks that ever sucked. Set aside that Shields could have/SHOULD have been gotten for mere money/salary relief/NO prospect equity.

The people still running this org are simply too dumb to do their jobs. They were dumb in 2016, and I see little to suggest that they've gotten smarter since then. FFS, the squandering of resources on turds like Jay and Alonzo and others, and then whining about the price tag for Machado reinforces the idea that they don't know a good player from a poor one.

THAT'S what truly hurts about this idiotic, moronic, and dumb trade. RH/KW/JR ALL deserve a verbal beating for being fucking morons. And yes, Tatis' likely ascension to stardom will be the constant reminder that we have imbeciles running this team [into the ground].

The fact that the Sox play in the 3rd largest market in the country AND in baseball's weakest division, getting to play a third of their games each year collectively against the likes of Kansas City, Detroit, and Minnesota, AND STILL had to undergo a multi-year rebuild underscores the bolded opinions above.  

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, greg775 said:

We don't know, so I'll play it safe and vote Kenny.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I invite you to a world where Reinsdorf is the one who pushed to acquire a pitcher and that is why neither Hahn nor KW has been fired.  

I don't doubt that Reinsdorf pushed to acquire a quality pitcher.  Instead, Kenny and company got James Shields.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You actually think he would dare bite the hand that feeds him ?

Not really, but we are in the Age of Transparency.  I have always suspected that he wasn't even consulted.