Kenny's Greatest Hitters

TBrown54

10 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Marcus Semien?  I can’t even think of one All-Star hitter he drafted as both Crede and Rowand were drafted before Kenny became GM.  All I got is Chris Sale.  😂

Drafted by Kenny Williams in the 6th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).  Yeah, I was sorry to see him go.  I recall some late-inning, game winning hits before they traded him to usher in the disastrous "All In" era. 

Edited by TBrown54

Just now, TBrown54 said:

Drafted by Kenny Williams in the 6th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).  Yeah, I was sorry to see him go.  I recall some late-inning, game winning hits before they traded him to usher in the disastrous "All In" era. 

Honestly, he’s all I can think of as a player the Sox drafted that they would like to have back.  Just goes to show how bad Kenny has been at running the draft.

7 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Honestly, he’s all I can think of as a player the Sox drafted that they would like to have back.  Just goes to show how bad Kenny has been at running the draft.

Kenny is still lurking around the draft room. We will know for sure that he is still calling the shots if the Sox select Abrams over Witt JR or Vaughn. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Kenny is still lurking around the draft room. We will know for sure that he is still calling the shots if the Sox select Abrams over Witt JR or Vaughn. 

I know.  It does seem like the draft philosophy changed to more baseball players with high OBP as opposed to athletes and football players turned baseball players like when Kenny was drafting.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I was hoping this would be the all time "Kenny always gets his man" list

Those are way too easy.  Insert list of washed-up All-Stars / 90’s Cleveland Indians and you will win easily.

Edited by Harper2Sox

6 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Chris carter had a decent run

Good call!  Not a guy any team would miss but he was drafted by Kenny in 2005 and was the NL home run leader in 2016 with 41 HR with the Brewers.

Edited by Harper2Sox

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Should also be noted that almost all draft prep is overseen by the scouting director, not the gm. 

If you think Hahn, Kenny, and Jerry don’t have a say, if not the FINAL SAY, in who they pick in the first round, you are nuts.

Edited by Harper2Sox

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

If you think Hahn, Kenny, and Jerry don’t have a say, if not the FINAL SAY, in who they pick in the first round, you are nuts.

Of course they have a say, but they aren’t getting looks at anybody after the first round and maybe second round unless it’s a special circumstance. So if you’re evaluating drafts with 50 rounds of picks, I think that’s worth noting. 

9 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Of course they have a say, but they aren’t getting looks at anybody after the first round and maybe second round unless it’s a special circumstance. So if you’re evaluating drafts with 50 rounds of picks, I think that’s worth noting. 

Sure, it is but Kenny couldn’t even land one first round hitting prospect that turned into an All-Star with the White Sox when he had the final say during a 13 year period as the Sox GM from 2000 to 2012.

Edited by Harper2Sox