Kenny's Greatest Hitters

TBrown54

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't want a strike desperately. I'm saying if they were out two years or a full year maybe the networks would demand some needed changes like "no openers allowed; no shifts allowed; severe penalties for tanking." Times have changed since the last strike. There's way more greed and nastiness in America. Everybody wants theirs and nobody's gonna give up one single paycheck. You are right both players and owners will have incentive to keep every stinking dollar. There will be a lot of posturing but no strike. Again, everybody wants every single penny.

Well crap.  I guess I didn't realize that greed was a more recent addition to humanity.  That really sucks.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

With the money some players make....they won't be anxious to strike either.  As in all things reasonable people should be able to find reasonable middle ground.  It's just stupid to kill the golden goose.

I totally agree with your last sentence, but as Tony LaRussa told me one time his issue with me was that I was thinking to "logically". He said there's very little "logic" in the game of baseball.

45 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I totally agree with your last sentence, but as Tony LaRussa told me one time his issue with me was that I was thinking to "logically". He said there's very little "logic" in the game of baseball.

And then Hawk, Yaz, and Bobby Orr ask you for putting advice?

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, turnin' two said:

Recently mentioned him in another thread, but Eduardo Escobar.

January 28, 2006: Signed by the Chicago White Sox as an amateur free agent.

Technically, no, but I'll add him to Kenny's resume, help him get along in the world.    We must hope he can land new Executive VP of Baseball Operations position.   

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, fathom said:

Kenny at least showed he could perform at a high level. Hahn, Hostetler and others have been a debacle.

Kenny performance was excellent for two years (out of 19) in 2004-05, with the deals he made.  He successfully leveraged a contender --- built and handed to him by his predecessor --- to a World Series championship.  The other 17 were poor, with the last decade a disaster. 

Edited by TBrown54

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

And then Hawk, Yaz, and Bobby Orr ask you for putting advice?

Don't play golf.

And the deal with Tony was when I was interviewing him and asked what went into making trades...I mentioned trying to have both sides come out a "winner" so you work from that assumption.