5/15 Games

SoxAce

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You're counting Madrigal as a positive?

Madrigal should be absolutely destroying A+ if he's as good as everyone says he is. He's hitting .250, which makes me question his prospect status already. Madrigal has to hit for a fairly high average in order to have any value whatsoever, and if he isn't hitting in A+, that should be a huge red flag.  

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Madrigal should be absolutely destroying A+ if he's as good as everyone says he is. He's hitting .250, which makes me question his prospect status already. Madrigal has to hit for a fairly high average in order to have any value whatsoever, and if he isn't hitting in A+, that should be a huge red flag.  

Madrigal didn't play yesterday. He is probably hurt like everyone else. 

I suppose worst case scenario would be robert/cease failing. But it's hard at this point to say the sox have any more than two top 100 players active (i.e. kopech/dunning injured).

Luis Gonzalez, with a 16% k rate, is having a more acceptable form of failure. Numbers like Forbes as well, are when you can say "well birmingham".

Basabe is 60 pas into a injured wrist rehab, sure. 

Adolfo's injuries make him hard to ever rely on.

Rutherford is hopefully starting digging himself out of the hole, but again this is where Luis Gonzalez type failure is more acceptable than this. Krate skyrockets, walk rate plummets, power still not there. He is maybe 10% of the value he had when we acquired him.

Sheets, I'm starting to think he may not be anthony rendon. Again, no growth, has proved to not be a prospect.

For whatever hope that Nunez found a bat last year, that's gone. Curbelo repeating and healthy, and is terrible.

Sosa, sweet sosa, is perfectly acceptable to repeat in low a, and is starting to dig back out. You wait until the year end, but not a fast mover anymore.

The collection of arms is just a series of low stuff, low control up and down. The college relievers have been injured or lack control.

The depth is non-existent. The box scores the last 2 years have always had something interesting. This feels like 2015 all over.

However, there is AAA, where guys have founds some life. Collins is showing how that profile can succeed. Mendick is absolutely showing he can be a Saladino level guy. Zevala fighting out of that early hole.

And of course, Alcides escobar is amazing.

Can't wait for pioneer/azl, where we can feel positive thoughts watching our too old draft picks destroy the league and think we've found a diamond in the rough.

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Yeah. Forgot about Walker. He is a legit prospect but hasn't looked so hot at High A. 

I'm only counting Madrigal on his draft pedigree at this point. He really needs to step it up. Gonna be extremely worried if he is still hitting below 275 in A ball come July. 

It's not as bad as his .186 BA looks. He is walking more than striking out and the BABIP is .206. He should be fine as the season progresses.

Rooting for Walker, but still, strange choices to me. Alek Thomas is doing really well in A ball, also with great BB:K numbers. Signed for 900k less. Instead of pilkington could have gone after one of the many high school arms in round 3 with 1.5 million.

Just not a fan of the draft strategy recently. Milwaukees was beautiful. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, Jack Parkman said:

Two days later, and he’s up to .270.