Blue Jays of Toronto vs Ricky Renteria's Dumb Ass Lineup | 7:10pm CT |

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It was a great call and led to a W if Colome can lock it down in the 9th

If Cordell pops that up it is a double play. If he misses it Sanchez is out at home, or in a run down. 1 out, 1st and 3rd, your chances of scoring are much higher letting the batter swing away (Cordell had been killing the ball all game too if you want to make a situational argument).

Just because a call works or is dramatic and fun does not mean it was a good call.

That said, it was absolutely dramatic and fun, so we may as well go lock up the W now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

If Cordell pops that up it is a double play. If he misses it Sanchez is out at home, or in a run down. 1 out, 1st and 3rd, your chances of scoring are much higher letting the batter swing away (Cordell had been killing the ball all game too if you want to make a situational argument).

Just because a call works or is dramatic and fun does not mean it was a good call.

That said, it was absolutely dramatic and fun, so we may as well go lock up the W now.

Agree to disagree. I loved the call!

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Gotta give him credit when it works...we certainly ride his butt when it doesn't.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Gotta give him credit when it works...we certainly ride his butt when it doesn't.

That isn't how it works:

Let's say Steph can shoot 20% from half-court, which is amazing and also a bad shot. He shoots 4, misses 4. All 4 were bad shots. Now he shoots and makes a 5th. You don't sit there and say it was a good shot because it worked this time, gotta give him credit. He made a bad shot

I did some fact checking of myself, however. In this case, I will admit there is some room for debate. For the situation (1st, 3rd 1 out) the run expectancy of a squeeze is negative (so you are expecting to score less runs than if you did not do it). But, some people have argued that, at least with a good bunter, your run probability (chances of scoring a single run) are a touch higher. So in the bottom of the 9th of a tie game, probably a good call. With 3 outs left to get, it really is opinion probably, and how highly you think of Colome. 7th and earlier, it is no bueno.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Disagree. It worked thus it's a GREAT call. It's about results! It worked. Ricky take a bow. A-plus move there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And that’s what we call progress. Let’s take 2 of the next 3 to win this series and then the toughest road trip of the season starts Monday.

they have been beating up on mostly bad teams but you play the schedule.  nice to see.

27 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

That isn't how it works:

Let's say Steph can shoot 20% from half-court, which is amazing and also a bad shot. He shoots 4, misses 4. All 4 were bad shots. Now he shoots and makes a 5th. You don't sit there and say it was a good shot because it worked this time, gotta give him credit. He made a bad shot

I did some fact checking of myself, however. In this case, I will admit there is some room for debate. For the situation (1st, 3rd 1 out) the run expectancy of a squeeze is negative (so you are expecting to score less runs than if you did not do it). But, some people have argued that, at least with a good bunter, your run probability (chances of scoring a single run) are a touch higher. So in the bottom of the 9th of a tie game, probably a good call. With 3 outs left to get, it really is opinion probably, and how highly you think of Colome. 7th and earlier, it is no bueno.

It worked....I like it.  Cordell can bunt...I like it.  If a guy can't bunt...I don't like it.  It has more advantages when you have their backs to the wall like the situation tonight.

20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Disagree. It worked thus it's a GREAT call. It's about results! It worked. Ricky take a bow. A-plus move there.

It was the same bunt happy slow pitch softball shit that he always does...

It's okay to do something like that every once and awhile.. but he does it all the time.

Just because his squeeze worked once doesn't take away from the fact that his strategy is epically horrible.

• Kyyle23 pinned, unpinned and locked this topic