Blue Jays of Toronto vs Ricky Renteria's Dumb Ass Lineup | 7:10pm CT |

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It worked....I like it.  Cordell can bunt...I like it.  If a guy can't bunt...I don't like it.  It has more advantages when you have their backs to the wall like the situation tonight.

Cordell said that the first time in his life he has ever done a squeeze....

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

Cordell said that the first time in his life he has ever done a squeeze....

He still can bunt...some guys just can't.  Cordell seems to be a fundamentally sound player.  He might not be what is meant by 5 tool player but all his tools work.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

He still can bunt...some guys just can't.  Cordell seems to be a fundamentally sound player.  He might not be what is meant by 5 tool player but all his tools work.

He got the bunt down sure.. if he actually is a capable bunter or not is really not a conclusion we can make from one play.

But Ricky doesn't care if its the clean up hitter bunting or if the dude can't bunt at all - he will call that.

The scary thing is I'm not really exaggerating.

2 hours ago, gusguyman said:

If Cordell pops that up it is a double play. If he misses it Sanchez is out at home, or in a run down. 1 out, 1st and 3rd, your chances of scoring are much higher letting the batter swing away (Cordell had been killing the ball all game too if you want to make a situational argument).

Just because a call works or is dramatic and fun does not mean it was a good call.

That said, it was absolutely dramatic and fun, so we may as well go lock up the W now.

It was a safety squeeze, not a suicide.

• Like 1

In reference to the thread title: I thought that the dumbest move was choosing to give Moncada an extra off, following his 2 homer game. Sit a guy when he is in a slump, not when he's hot. It didn't seem to help him. He looked awful tonight

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

In reference to the thread title: I thought that the dumbest move was choosing to give Moncada an extra off, following his 2 homer game. Sit a guy when he is in a slump, not when he's hot. It didn't seem to help him. He looked awful tonight

He wasn't really hot, though. He had a hot game, and this allowed two days off. Considering he's played every day to that point I was fine with it. 

Cal Ripken and Lou Gehrig played every game forever.  Why in the world do these young men need time off on such a constant basis?  If a day game follows a night  game the whole lineup needs to look like there was a flu epidemic.  I understand that the demands of a catcher require about 40 games off but even 10 games off for other positions is overkill.  How would they ever make it in the real world?

18 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Cal Ripken and Lou Gehrig played every game forever.  Why in the world do these young men need time off on such a constant basis?  If a day game follows a night  game the whole lineup needs to look like there was a flu epidemic.  I understand that the demands of a catcher require about 40 games off but even 10 games off for other positions is overkill.  How would they ever make it in the real world?

What? Moncada is on pace for 4 games off.

• Kyyle23 pinned, unpinned and locked this topic