5/16 Games

BigHurt3515

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Robert single then steals 2nd base. 

Now 3-4, HR, 2 RBIs, R, 2 SB. 

955 OPS. A man amongst boys. He’s ready for the show. Let’s get him up along with Cease, Collins, sign Keuchel in two and a half weeks, and make at run at this thing.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yea, I’ll take Robert over Rodgers. Better defender, similar power/hit tool, and better speed.

Hmm. I'd take the guy with the better health history and the longer track record of destroying the minors. Rodgers has done this consistently for almost four seasons now. Robert has done it for 32 games. He should spend the rest of the season at Birmingham, stay healthy, and, assuming his trends hold true, start at Charlotte next year, with an eye toward an MLB debut in September 2020.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Sir said:

Hmm. I'd take the guy with the better health history and the longer track record of destroying the minors. Rodgers has done this consistently for almost four seasons now. Robert has done it for 32 games. He should spend the rest of the season at Birmingham, stay healthy, and, assuming his trends hold true, start at Charlotte next year, with an eye toward an MLB debut in September 2020.

“Destroying”? Rodgers had a 104 wRC+ in AA in 2017. 129 wRC+ in AA and 44 wRC+ in AAA last year. He is destroying AAA this year but who isn’t?

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I think the environments in which Rodgers has played should be taken into account as well.  He has played in some pretty hitter friendly places.  While Robert is currently in the least hitter friendly place this side of Oakland.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

“Destroying”? Rodgers had a 104 wRC+ in AA in 2017. 129 wRC+ in AA and 44 wRC+ in AAA last year. He is destroying AAA this year but who isn’t?

He had like 80 PAs in AAA last year. 

Anyways, if Robert maintains this level of production for another month I’d call him up to the bigs. Take his lumps at the big league level second half of this year and who knows maybe he tears it up from the onset. I wouldn’t put it past him. That 2020 WS lineup is looking great...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Rodgers promoted to MLB this week 

So it’s a moot point as far as prospect ranks are concerned but I’d still take Robert over Rodgers personally. Franco is the only one where I think it’s a toss up but I’m not sure he sticks at SS long term.

28 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

955 OPS. A man amongst boys. He’s ready for the show. Let’s get him up along with Cease, Collins, sign Keuchel in two and a half weeks, and make at run at this thing.

I love the optimism but a lot has to go right for the Sox to compete this year which would include Eloy finding his bat, Robert being at least serviceable in the bigs. Keuchel pitching well despite not having pitched all year and Cease not getting destroyed in his starts, Collins who knows. He's a mystery at the big league level .Would probably need to remove Castillo for that to happen . Would also have to have Giolito and Lopez be consistently good. Keuchel is also a long shot if the contenders think he can help them. No need to be involved in a bidding war . If he can agree to a contract for this year and next year only, then what is a competitive offer for him ? $25 M ? Probably need another BP arm too.

4 hours ago, The Sir said:

Skoug with an RBI double. I was really excited when we drafted that guy, and I always wondered how you pronounced his name was pronounced, whether it was similar to rut, or rout, or route. Unfortunately, I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Funny because I pronounce rout and route the same way, although I get what you were going for. To answer your question, I believe it's sk-OWg (so like rout in your analogy). 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Lambert

6 IP 7 H 2 R 1 ER 2 BB 11 SO

Wouldn't mind seeing him in MLB soon. He now has 13 total starts in AA with great numbers at age 24, and there's a need at the MLB level. I would like to see him promoted to AAA after this start and, if he does well enough, join the MLB rotation in the second half of the year 

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Does Franco stick at SS long term though? I’m not sure about that. I do know Robert is a plus defender in CF though.

Even if not he’s got to be number one. Imagine if madrigal (polished as heck hitter, discerning, rarely strikes out, quick wheels) were four years younger, was much stronger, was a switch hitter, had more raw power, and could play SS. That’s wander franco. For Robert to pass him he’d have to do at double and triple-A what he did at Winston Salem. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Funny because I pronounce rout and route the same way, although I get what you were going for. To answer your question, I believe it's sk-OWg (so like rout in your analogy). 

I think "route" sounding like "root" is a thing I picked up living in the South, but not sure. Couldn't think of another "ou" making an "oo" sound word. Thanks for the answer, regardless.

Edit: "Wound" as in injury.

Edited by The Sir

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

Theres no way the Sox should be eyeing a Sept 2020 call-up for Robert if hes healthy. Move over up 12 months in the very least.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

I watched him play in the CWS the year we drafted him. I'm 99% sure it's Sk-OWg like you said. "cow" is the middle sound. 

EDIT: Or his former teammate could just confirm it here.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

5 hours ago, Flythesock said:

Even if not he’s got to be number one. Imagine if madrigal (polished as heck hitter, discerning, rarely strikes out, quick wheels) were four years younger, was much stronger, was a switch hitter, had more raw power, and could play SS. That’s wander franco. For Robert to pass him he’d have to do at double and triple-A what he did at Winston Salem. 

Yeah nobodies gonna bump Franco anytime soon, but also who cares if Roberts number one anyway