Blue Jays of Toronto vs Ricky Renteria's Southside Buntmen | May 17th | 7:10pm CT |

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like the South Side Buntmen. Very creative reference to the South Side Hit men of 1977.

I know the buntman comment is meant as a negative but I pleasantly surprised that they a about MLB average for OPS. I thought they would be much worse and Jimenez would be the bright spot.

23 minutes ago, bmags said:

Out of curiosity has Vlad Jrs struggles made people relax about Eloy at all?

Yes!  Vlad Jr. is a scary dude.  I was surprised RR pitched to him in that situation with man on 2nd and 1 out.

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yes!  Vlad Jr. is a scary dude.  I was surprised RR pitched to him in that situation with man on 2nd and 1 out.

Right. Like, I have no doubt that Vlad Jr. is still going to be awesome. I think both maybe got in a weird place where they had to wait, then maybe had too much pressure initially to show that and started to question themselves.

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Vlad is a fat little fker, but can he play D at least?

I mean... not really.

They're both going to be well below average defenders. 

Edited by mqr

Then, whose spot will Eloy replace? They really need to move Alonso. I'd prefer to have Palka. Eloy & Palka, instead of Nicky & Yonder. We know that he is not part of the future.

Edited by Lillian

1 hour ago, mqr said:

10th best ERA in baseball is pretty good for the worst bullpen ever assembled.

It looks like if we get through 6 innings tied or ahead we are in good shape.  That's doable.

49 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Then, whose spot will Eloy replace? They really need to move Alonso. I'd prefer to have Palka. Eloy & Palka, instead of Nicky & Yonder. We know that he is not part of the future.

Palka was fun last year but dude is a AAAA player

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Why do you think Palka is going to be back? Tilson is playing well and Cordell has been fine and plays a better defense