Sign in to follow this  
Rankin

FS: You Don't Need to Look Hard to Find Optimism Within the White Sox

We found a pg catcher, two young regulars emerging, bullpen improving and starters settling down. Add a couple of prospects to the mix and we could be competitive. I am tired of the front office trashing it becomes annoying. I hope Eloy has something to show but he seems mopey so far. 

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

We found a pg catcher, two young regulars emerging, bullpen improving and starters settling down. Add a couple of prospects to the mix and we could be competitive. I am tired of the front office trashing it becomes annoying. I hope Eloy has something to show but he seems mopey so far. 

I agree.  A couple of   #3-4 type starters and we could win this division this year.

3 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

with fire and lasers

Yes!  I’m going to steal that line

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

I agree.  A couple of   #3-4 type starters and we could win this division this year.

Sorry...not even close.

13 hours ago, poppysox said:

Only if we steal them from Twins.

Speaking of the Twinkies, I bet they will be contenders for one of the two free agent pitchers.

17 hours ago, poppysox said:

And where are these starters coming from?  All I see is Cease and the Sox don’t seem to want to start his clock yet.  And the Sox aren’t going to spend on Keuchel after the draft.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

And where are these starters coming from?  All I see is Cease and the Sox don’t seem to want to start his clock yet.  And the Sox aren’t going to spend on Keuchel after the draft.

Why won't we go outside for Keuchel or whoever.  RH said they would when the time is right.  Newsflash....the time is right.

18 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why won't we go outside for Keuchel or whoever.  RH said they would when the time is right.  Newsflash....the time is right.

We’re likely going to be 8-10 games out of first after next week. This isn’t a contending team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

We’re likely going to be 8-10 games out of first after next week. This isn’t a contending team.

The standard was a team needed to be within 5 games at the All Star Break.  Now some of you give up after the first 1/4 of the season.  Not much fun for you.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Whatever you say.  Have you even check who Keuchel’s agent is?  It’s not happening.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Whatever you say.  Have you even check who Keuchel’s agent is?  It’s not happening.

He has the same agent as Carlos Rodon.  What does that have to do with an unemployed pitcher.  Read what I said..."Keuchel or whoever."  Try not to be negative just for the sake of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He has the same agent as Carlos Rodon.  What does that have to do with an unemployed pitcher.  Read what I said..."Keuchel or whoever."  Try not to be negative just for the sake of it.

The Sox drafted Rodon.  A rookie contract isn’t anywhere close to a free agent contract monetarily.  And now please name “whoever.”

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

My personal preference would be Cease and Keuchel or perhaps a trade for someone like Mike Minor.  Lambert from our own organization gets some peoples interest as well.

Half of the Charlotte roster is recycled trash. Justin Nicolinco pitching. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fathom said:

We're only 3 games out of the 2nd wildcard spot.

6 hours ago, poppysox said:

Good pitchers aren't falling out of the sky right now. I suspect teams won't even begin to put guys on the market until mid-June.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, pcq said:

That's one reason I favor promoting Cease & Robert.  The NFL drafts mostly out of big universities.  The players having played against the bigger and best athletes have grown more than the counterpart at the small university.  I think some of these players would grow better playing against the best.  You would hit some speed bumps but probably develop better and faster in the long run.  At least in some cases.

22 hours ago, pcq said:

Half of the Charlotte roster is recycled trash. Justin Nicolinco pitching. 

Who cares?  It's AAA.  AA is where the $$$ is

INFIELD:  Moncada--Anderson--Madrigal--Abreu--Sanchez

OUTFIELD:  Jimenez--Tilson--Cordell--Garcia--Robert

CATCHER:  McCann--Collins

STARTERS:   Cease--Giolito--Lopez

BULLPEN:  Colome--Herrera--Marshall--Bummer--Burr--Hamilton

INJURED:  Kopech

The above 22 players are available to make up the 25 man roster today...after trade deadline or start of next season.  It doesn't look to be if but rather when this group is pulled together to form the next contending team.  Need 2 quality starting pitchers to be dangerous.