Toronto (18-25) v. Chicago (20-23) - 5/18/19 - 1:10 PM

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The development of giolito change up and the dramatic change in his delivery probably saved his career. Those are two huge changes as well. Kudos to cooper and the rest of the pitching coaches.

Funny considering you said he was dead to rice for changing it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The development of giolito change up and the dramatic change in his delivery probably saved his career. Those are two huge changes as well. Kudos to cooper and the rest of the pitching coaches.

I am usually a big proponent of Cooper and not one of his haters, but I heard Gio say on MLB network that he went to his high school pitchingg coach during the offseason and that had a huge effect on him

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I am usually a big proponent of Cooper and not one of his haters, but I heard Gio say on MLB network that he went to his high school pitchingg coach during the offseason and that had a huge effect on him

I missed the part where he said it was 100% the high school guy and then dissed don cooper and the entire White Sox’ coaching staff.  

You’d think that was the case if you got your news from Soxtalk

29 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Funny considering you said he was dead to rice for changing it.

Yeah, I was wrong. He had changed it 3 times before and things arent good if you keep doing that.

I am not sure why it's funny that sometimes peoples opinions are wrong. Wont be the last time I'm wrong in my life that for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I was wrong. He had changed it 3 times before and things arent good if you keep doing that.

I am not sure why it's funny that sometimes peoples opinions are wrong. Wont be the last time I'm wrong in my life that for sure.

It's because you act like such a dick when you say it.  That's why it's funny to shove it back in your face.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No they will either wait for the rain to stop and resume it or they can call the game over and official because of the rain since the visiting team got 5 innings . That's when it becomes an official game so we just squeeked in.

Either way Lucas is done. Is he really going to be this good now? His 2017 late season call up went extremely well also.

43 minutes ago, zisk said:

Either way Lucas is done. Is he really going to be this good now? His 2017 late season call up went extremely well also.

However he was using less effective mechanics. It is reasonable to argue that he is "fixed". 

Tomorrow's win gets us to 1 game under .500.  A nice win streak could get us in the hunt.  Some tough competition but you never know.  Just keep winning series particularly within the division.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Tomorrow's win gets us to 1 game under .500.  A nice win streak could get us in the hunt.  Some tough competition but you never know.  Just keep winning series particularly within the division.

Agreed. This team gonna have some ugly games like last night. But they are playing hard can't deny that. 

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

he went back to the motion prior to the nationals changing it. it made sense because a longer arm swing should increase velocity and spin on the ball. Unfortunately he could never get good command with it.

The shorter arm swing will place more stress in the shoulder. 

Nice start again by Gio, I'm sure glad he went to his high school pitching coach over the off season and reworked his delivery. The kid looks like a different pitcher.

Nice crowd too on another crap day weather wise and hey Alonso got two hits! My goodness! 

Giolito no longer has that deer caught in the headlights look.  Actually, like all good pitchers he looks confident and has an air of control of the situation.  Stoney complimented him today on how fast he worked which is one of my pet peeve's with Nova and all slow workers.  Stone even wondered out loud why others on the staff don't see why it gives the pitcher an advantage to set the pace like that.  I always use Buehrle as the best example of that.

Well, Hahn is safe. Now that trade looks great. Giolito is a big league pitcher, folks. He's only 24 years old and he is excelling. So two of our key pieces, Giolito and Lopez, are here via Washington. Sox win that trade big time. If Gio keeps this up, he's an all star.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic