5/18 Games

flavum

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Because this organization has no idea how to properly develop players.  They went from insanely rushing guys to moving glacially with them in one season.

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy how they did a 180 in that regard.  For some reason we can never a normal balanced approach to things and it’s always one extreme to the next with this organization.

3 hours ago, daggins said:

Maybe Palka should swap with Delmonico? Dunno just an idea.

And yeah I BB&T Park is basically a little league park with an incredible view. It's a testament to Cease's talent that he's kept his ERA under 4.

No, Eloy should replace Delmonico. 

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Nice innings from both Burdi and Hansen. Both went 2 IP 0 H 0 R.

Any word on burdis velo? Not seeing anything on twitter. Curious if he’s sitting high nineties again. No walks is the best part of his line. He’ll be up in a month if the command clicks in. 

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why is McClure still in Low A?  Getz is infuriating with how conservative he can be with his assignments.

Season ending injury last season. He'll be moved up very shortly. Probably be joined by Steivers and Varnell.

2 hours ago, Flythesock said:

Any word on burdis velo? Not seeing anything on twitter. Curious if he’s sitting high nineties again. No walks is the best part of his line. He’ll be up in a month if the command clicks in. 

Seems like his command is getting back to normal. Hansen  outings are rounding into shape as well. It's still possible the Sox will have the

best pitching in the league in 2021. Add Dunning, Cease and Kopech to these 2 guys and pray for a little good health.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Seems like his command is getting back to normal. Hansen  outings are rounding into shape as well. It's still possible the Sox will have the

best pitching in the league in 2021. Add Dunning, Cease and Kopech to these 2 guys and pray for a little good health.

Both guys have walked way too many in AA. Hansen more than Burdi. The strikeout stuff is there, but they will have to improve their command. I feel like both guys are so fragile right now.

1 hour ago, danman31 said:

Both guys have walked way too many in AA. Hansen more than Burdi. The strikeout stuff is there, but they will have to improve their command. I feel like both guys are so fragile right now.

I don’t disagree, but I will point out that for Hansen the sample size is 5 innings, so rebuilding him into what he was in 2017 seems to be a very slow work in progress.