5/18 Games

flavum

16 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have a question for you guys: Is it reasonable to be skeptical, but hopeful about Sox draftees/minor leaguers? I feel like this is the most rational take. They certainly haven't earned anything close to the benefit of the doubt. I want the Sox to do well, and having a good farm is part of that. It's really hard to balance wanting these guys to succeed, but being skeptical that the Sox player development can help these guys be the best player they can be. 

Please excuse me for being a bit negative about Sox minor leaguers. 

MiLB game threads are off limits for derails please.

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wasn't trying to derail anything, I was just responding to my somewhat negative comments about Madrigal 

The MiLB game threads are like the national parks of SoxTalk. We can't litter or dump in them.  Talk is about the daily  MiLB activity. Madrigal went 2-4 with a SB  on 5/18 so it wouldn't really make sense for 5/18 daily MiLB thread to be the place to be negative towards him. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, raBBit said:

The MiLB game threads are like the national parks of SoxTalk. We can't litter or dump in them.  Talk is about the daily  MiLB activity. Madrigal went 2-4 with a SB  on 5/18 so it wouldn't really make sense for 5/18 daily MiLB thread to be the place to be negative towards him. 

This is the best take and descriptor in recent SoxTalk memory.