Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM

soxfan49

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's much easier to win games hitting HRs.   We just don't hit enough of them.   Especially with that middle of the lineup we send out there. 

Yeah, I mean they were only on pace for 200 at the quarter pole. Terrible.

9 minutes ago, default said:

This is not something you could ever possibly predict.  But yet you say it with absolute certainty.  This is why people bait you.

Why? People think with near certainty that Nick Madrigal is going to fail. He barely has a track record to go on. Yoan has over 1000 PAs with us. It's not yet enough to make some mathematical predictions on what he can and cannot do? Please.

If Yoan cuts his K-rate to 25% (which he hasn't done yet) and has an HR rate of .042 (he's at .048 so far this year, but didn't reach even close to this in 2017 or 2018), and maintains his BABIP, he will hit .280 with an .855 OPS. Good player, but not at this magical .870 level you're all so obsessed with. If he keeps this high HR rate but strikes out a bit more (27%), and maintains all else, he will hit .277 with an .869 OPS. Sorry, but I don't think he maintains this HR rate over a full season, and his performance in May supports me (Ks are back up over 33%, and HR rate is down to .042).

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Castillo needs to follow Yonder right out the door and off the roster. 

It would be a better, more watchable team, if they made about 5 roster changes now- Eloy, Mendick, Collins, Cease, and maybe Kubat or Lambert.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Alonso and Castillo hitting 4th and 5th has to be some elaborate prank by Ricky.

Either that or Renteria is the official Tank Manager of Major League Baseball.  How else do you explain 2 guys "hitting" .180 batting 4th and 5th and 2 guys hitting over .300 batting 7th and 9th?

4 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Yolmer can hop on the Yonder-Castillo exit bus too...

Yolmer is a huge reason I'm pessimistic about everything this organization does. Six years, and 2000 PAs, to the tune of a .659 OPS, and he still hasn't been DFAed and there are legions of White Sox fans who insist that he's useful. I'm old enough to remember when a useful bench player was someone like Lyle Mouton, who had a .767 OPS over three seasons, but we let him go play in Japan for some silly reason.

Alonso and Castillo combine to go 0-8 yet Rick insists on keeping them in the middle of the lineup. Can he be that baseball-stupid or is he simply bull headed? And I'm getting close to putting Herrera into the "Rick Hahn failure" off-season to go with the other duds he's acquired. 

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic