5/19 Games

soxfan49

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Pilkington with 5 K’s in 3 innings.  Lefty coming out of the SEC who can get breaking stuff over, going to be hard to gauge what we have there until he gets to AA.

Yea. He's kinda intriguing. I wonder when the lack of velocity catches up to him. Either way, much better than his high-A debut last week.

27 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Pilkington with 5 K’s in 3 innings.  Lefty coming out of the SEC who can get breaking stuff over, going to be hard to gauge what we have there until he gets to AA.

Yet if he's good at AA, the pessimists will say "it's a pitcher's park."

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm just wondering what type of pitcher Pilkington will be if he ever regains his velocity.

I wonder what the thought process/plan was for him upon drafting. Are they working on something to regain that velocity? Delivery change? Something mechanical? Getting him on some sort of conditioning plan? He certainly looks like a dude that should be throwing harder than high 80's.

Edited by DirtySox

7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I wonder what the thought process/plan was for him upon drafting. Are they working on something to regain that velocity? Delivery change? Something mechanical? Getting him on some sort of conditioning plan? He certainly looks like a dude that should be throwing harder than high 80's.

Doesn't regain velocity: Buehrle

Regains velocity: Super Burhele

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I meant wasn't Keuchel in the low 90's in the MLB? It doesn't sound like Pilkington will be if he gets here

What I was saying is that people without a plus fastball always have to prove it. With his track record, if Keuchel were throwing 93, he'd have a contract right now.  Pilkington, similarly, is going to have to prove it and keep proving it.  May not be fair, but that's the way it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Is Bryce Bush injured? I seem to recall him getting replaced a couple games ago, but I forgot to follow up. 

He was injured (ankle I think), missed a game, came back, realized it wasn't fully healthy, and now is taking a few days off to fully recover

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

What a start today...12 Ks in 6 IP

Andrew Perez chucking well for KAN