White Sox Sign Odrisamer Despaigne

joejoesox

White Sox Sign Odrisamer Despaigne

May 19th, 2019 at 11:28am CST • By Connor Byrne

The White Sox have signed right-hander Odrisamer Despaigne to a minor league contract, per an announcement from their Triple-A affiliate in Charlotte. Francys Romero of Las Mayores was first to report the news.

per mlbtr

Edited by joesaiditstrue
title

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Why?

Good question. Another guy with a negative WAR rating and a losing record. Guess he fits right in. To say nothing of the fact that he's 32. I guess this is Hahn's idea of "getting pitching help." Although in his defense I'd assume pitching isn't available for another month / six weeks as teams sort themselves out.

We need arms, so maybe giving some characters another shot may help their career and help us win some games. Because if you are afraid to sign Shields again, and dont get Keuchel, and are waiting on Cease, this is another option I like. Bring in some guys for 2nd 3rd chances and see what they can do. It may not work out, but there may be a gem in the woods.

19 hours ago, Lillian said:

Why?

Probably because the Charlotte starting pitchers outside of Cease have been terrible  He has had 8 starts with Louisville in the same league as the Knights and has a 3.92 ERA . That is great compared to Roach, Stephens and Guerrero . Of course this guy might get lit up just as much in that ballpark. Probably time to bid Roach a fond adieu.

This guy had a no hitter going for the Padres against the Mets back in 2014.  Daniel Murphy broke it up with 2 outs in the 8th.  Someone in the front office must have watched that game and bided their time until he became available..."Hey this guy reminds me of Philip Humber"

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, wegner said:

This guy had a no hitter going for the Padres against the Mets back in 2014.  Daniel Murphy broke it up with 2 outs in the 8th.  Someone in the front office must have watched that game and bided their time until he became available..."Hey this guy reminds me of Philip Humber"

Kenny always gets his man!

• Haha 1