How many wins do you expect out of this road trip?

vilehoopster

I'm not very optimistic, not with our starting pitching the mess it is right now. The road trip is seven games,  right?   So I expect the White Sox to go 2 wins and 5 loses. I would okay with that. Not happy, but not totally pissed off. I'd be very happy with going 3 and 4. 

We are going to see Covey vs. Verlander and Nova vs. Cole on Tuesday/Wednesday, so those are almost sure losses. Lopez vs. Berrios on Friday, I would say that doesn't  look promising.

Our best chance might be tonight against Peacock, not sure how good of a pitcher TBA is, but hopefully he'll keep us in the game.

I agree, if we can go 2-5, I would actually be willing to call it a good road-trip.

39 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Just one.

Honestly, 0 or 1. There are going to be  a lot of lopsided scores. I expect Houston to score 8-12 runs each of the next 3 evenings. If Giolito goes 5 innings with 3 ER that is a good start for him Thursday. I don't trust them to score enough to win a game this week. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

4-3. This is baseball, not football 

Seriously.  Some serious negativity in here.  0 or 1 wins?  While possible, its more likely the Sox win 4 games than 0-1 games this week.  

• Thanks 1

Negativity or reality?  I'm a big fan and try to be optimistic; I would say I'm often too optimistic with the White Sox most of the time. But come on. I think it is much more realistic that the Sox only win one game on this trip than win four.

For starters, we're missing a starter!! And that unknown TBD pitcher is pitching twice on this road trip, AT Houston and at Minnesota. That sounds like 0 and 2 on the road trip right there.  

I said 2-5, but could see a split with Houston. They’ve been hot and are at the beginning of 10-game homestand- Red Sox and Cubs after the Sox. Might catch them in a lull tonight, then Giolito could get a win Thursday. Then a win in Minnesota hopefully.

11 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Negativity or reality?  I'm a big fan and try to be optimistic; I would say I'm often too optimistic with the White Sox most of the time. But come on. I think it is much more realistic that the Sox only win one game on this trip than win four.

For starters, we're missing a starter!! And that unknown TBD pitcher is pitching twice on this road trip, AT Houston and at Minnesota. That sounds like 0 and 2 on the road trip right there.  

This is baseball.  Any team can win on any given day.  0-7 or even 1-6 weeks are very rare.  

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Seriously.  Some serious negativity in here.  0 or 1 wins?  While possible, its more likely the Sox win 4 games than 0-1 games this week.  

I thought 1 myself and it's not being negative. On the road against 2 good teams . Having a bullpen game and Covey will surely tax the bullpen for the rest of the games. Verlander , Cole ,  you see a win there ? Peacock tonight and he's been really good his last 2 starts.  Maybe a win today but i wouldn't bet on the Sox in Houston with the bullpen starting. Berrios makes Sox hitters look drunk. If we don't get Perez and Ordorizzi might have a chance for another win.

I'll go with 2.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Expecting 2-5. I just want to see the core guys play well against good competition. 

Same.  Play competitive, competent ball with no demoralizing loses.  It would be nice if they weren't swept in either series.