How many wins do you expect out of this road trip?

vilehoopster

9 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Corbin Martin is no joke but neither is Lucas Giolito so at the very least the Sox stand a puncher’s chance tonight.

Oh yea, Lucas is definitely no joke. The Sox just outscored the Astros in a 4 game series on the road. How many predicted that?

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

A lot of 0-1 win predictions in here. One of the rare Soxtalk threads where overwhelming negativity can actually be proven wrong in a short span 

LOL yea if I was truly a bastard and had nothing better to do I could make a few different folders based on many different areas like who to sign as a FA,who to trade for,which prospects will flop, who we should draft and make a lot of people look foolish. However we all look foolish over and over if you spend enough years on this board.It's just some do it in a very short period of time.

You could also do it on how right many people are. Sometimes I do bump old threads just for curiosity . The Samardzija threads when the Sox traded for him were all pretty positive with many also thinking the Sox could resign him before free agency. I'm also curios to see what everyone thought about Frankie Montas but I won't be bumping any threads any time soon. You could fill a book on how many hated signing  McCann or gave up on Giolito and Moncada.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL yea if I was truly a bastard and had nothing better to do I could make a few different folders based on many different areas like who to sign as a FA,who to trade for,which prospects will flop, who we should draft and make a lot of people look foolish. However we all look foolish over and over if you spend enough years on this board.It's just some do it in a very short period of time.

You could also do it on how right many people are. Sometimes I do bump old threads just for curiosity . The Samardzija threads when the Sox traded for him were all pretty positive with many also thinking the Sox could resign him before free agency. I'm also curios to see what everyone thought about Frankie Montas but I won't be bumping any threads any time soon. You could fill a book on how many hated signing  McCann or gave up on Giolito and Moncada.

This post is spot on!

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

I predict multiple home runs against Lopez tonight. The Twins against an extreme flyball pitcher is terrifying. 

I have to confess I have no idea who plays on the Twins.  Kepler Sano and Buxton?  How are they winning?  I know Berios looked really good last year

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I have to confess I have no idea who plays on the Twins.  Kepler Sano and Buxton?  How are they winning?  I know Berios looked really good last year

One, like that entire team is slugging at least .500, it's crazy. But both Cruz and Cron have brought A game slugging this year.

And Eddie Rosario may be a star.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

One, like that entire team is slugging at least .500, it's crazy. But both Cruz and Cron have brought A game slugging this year.

And Eddie Rosario may be a star.

But @OneDog847 told me their rebuild is a bust. How could they possibly have the best record in baseball and 83% chance of winning the division on May 24?

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

Crazy what adding a stellar player dev group can do.

Yep. Their farm system was loaded several years back and they are now bearing the fruits of that system. Berrios is a legit ace, Buxton is on pace for a 5 WAR season, Kepler is on pace for a 4 WAR season, and Rosario is a borderline all star (just missed last year). Those 4 are just now entering their prime years at ages 27 and under. 

47 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

They're on pace to absolutely shatter the home run record. 

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Absolutely. I was referring to the people who clog other threads with "____ is a bust, ____ sucks, this team won't even win 60 games" and whatnot. In those cases, it's oftentimes obvious that they are wrong but impossible to know for certain for at least a few months. In this case, the doom and gloom was killed in like 4 days.

But yes, when it comes to predictions in general, all of us have been wrong about plenty over the years. 

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jorge Polanco may be the best player this season so far.

The twins arent going to play at this level all year I don't think.

Reylo shuts them down tonight is my thought. 

It's crazy how good their bats have been. Both catchers playing like all stars. 

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Absolutely. I was referring to the people who clog other threads with "____ is a bust, ____ sucks, this team won't even win 60 games" and whatnot. In those cases, it's oftentimes obvious that they are wrong but impossible to know for certain for at least a few months. In this case, the doom and gloom was killed in like 4 days.

But yes, when it comes to predictions in general, all of us have been wrong about plenty over the years

Speak for yourself

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But @OneDog847 told me their rebuild is a bust. How could they possibly have the best record in baseball and 83% chance of winning the division on May 24?

Their rebuild has been a bust so far. They haven't won a single playoff game and have been rebuilding since like 2011. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yep. Their farm system was loaded several years back and they are now bearing the fruits of that system. Berrios is a legit ace, Buxton is on pace for a 5 WAR season, Kepler is on pace for a 4 WAR season, and Rosario is a borderline all star (just missed last year). Those 4 are just now entering their prime years at ages 27 and under. 

I guess the Sox rebuild is screwed then. Twinkies look primed to own the division for next half decade. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I guess the Sox rebuild is screwed then. Twinkies look primed to own the division for next half decade. 

The front half of it is definitely going to be a struggle with the Twins and that’s what I told you a month ago. You dismissed it.  Thankfully Sox contention window doesn’t open until 2021 and hopefully lasts until 2025/2026.

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The front half of it is definitely going to be a struggle with the Twins and that’s what I told you a month ago. You dismissed it.  Thankfully Sox contention window doesn’t open until 2021 and hopefully lasts until 2025/2026.

Still a lot of baseball left to be played but Twinkies look good so far. Primed to win the cupcake Central and get slaughtered by one of the big boys from the AL East. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Still a lot of baseball left to be played but Twinkies look good so far. Primed to win the cupcake Central and get slaughtered by one of the big boys from the AL East. 

Well, that’s what the big boys thought before they played the Royals and Indians in the playoffs from 2014-2016 as well. Those teams fared just fine against the “big boys”. Not saying the Twins are World Series bound but to assume they will get slaughtered in the playoffs is a dangerous assumption.