Sox and Stros 7:10 Central

First game of a tough road trip featuring the 2 best teams in the AL: Houston first and then Minnesota.

See if the Sox can surprise and at least split this 4 game series with Houston, who won 10 in a row before dropping one last night.

Eloy first game back from the ankle injury playing left field. See how he does out there with the crawford boxes.

Peacock vs. Sox bullpen (Covey opening?)

Really, outside of Alonso...this is a pretty damn good lineup. Lets score some runs boys.

Leury CF

Yoan 3B

Abreu 1B

Yonder DH (lol)

McCann C

Eloy LF

Anderson SS

Tilson LF

Yolmer 2B

Edited by ScooterMcGee

• bmags pinned this topic
37 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

First game of a tough road trip featuring the 2 best teams in the AL: Houston first and then Minnesota.

See if the Sox can surprise and at least split this 4 game series with Houston, who won 10 in a row before dropping one last night.

Eloy first game back from the ankle injury playing left field. See how he does out there with the crawford boxes.

Peacock vs. Sox bullpen (Covey opening?)

Really, outside of Alonso...this is a pretty damn good lineup. Lets score some runs boys.

Leury CF

Yoan 3B

Abreu 1B

Yonder DH (lol)

McCann C

Eloy LF

Anderson SS

Tilson LF

Yolmer 2B

You got two LFs there. Tilson RF I assume

14 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Two questions because I'm unsure: who is better defensively, Tilson or Garcia? And which has the better arm?

Just based on the eye test, it has got to be Tilson. Leury's initial reads are so so so bad.

No idea on the arms. I'd probably bet on Garcia. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Alonso still playing every day is approaching 2011 Adam Dunn levels of stupidity at this point...

It's worse. I don't think Dunn's SLG % was .250  against RH pitching. but if you can find out you are welcome to.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's worse. I don't think Dunn's SLG % was .250  against RH pitching. but if you can find out you are welcome to.

No, but he was slugging .077 against lefites. 

36 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Two questions because I'm unsure: who is better defensively, Tilson or Garcia? And which has the better arm?

I think Leury has the better arm, but Tilson is the better fielder.  Speed seems similar.

50 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Alonso still playing every day is approaching 2011 Adam Dunn levels of stupidity at this point...

Yes sir. Why are the Sox just delaying the inevitable with him? Do they really think he will gain any trade value or are their financial concerns? 

Matt Skole has an OPS over 1000 at Charlotte. Bring him up. 

Barring Eloy carrying us, we lose all 4. It was fun while it lasted, folks. Houston doesn't lose to teams like the White Sox. I guess it's always possible we win 1 but I'd head to Vegas and bet the house on Stros and over all 4 games.

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Barring Eloy carrying us, we lose all 4. It was fun while it lasted, folks. Houston doesn't lose to teams like the White Sox. I guess it's always possible we win 1 but I'd head to Vegas and bet the house on Stros and over all 4 games.

The White Sox went 4-2 against them with a significantly worse roster in 2017.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

The White Sox went 4-2 against them with a significantly worse roster in 2017.

Yeah I remember actually betting on the Astros when they faced Chris Volstad and he ended up holding them to one run and the bullpen shut them down the rest of the way.