Sox and Stros 7:10 Central

46 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Horrible loss. No action. Just heartbreak.

What did you expect, they are taking on the "big boys" now.

Fry by the way has been awful this season.

And I'm beginning to wonder a bit about Eloy. For all the build up, the 'second coming" talk I expected a little more than a .229 batting average with three home runs, granted he's missed 21 games but even before that he looked over matched a lot at the plate and his defensive shortcomings speak for themselves.

Given the White Sox "development history" over the last decade or so you always have that question in the back of your mind.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

What did you expect, they are taking on the "big boys" now.

Fry by the way has been awful this season.

And I'm beginning to wonder a bit about Eloy. For all the build up, the 'second coming" talk I expected a little more than a .229 batting average with three home runs, granted he's missed 21 games but even before that he looked over matched a lot at the plate and his defensive shortcomings speak for themselves.

Given the White Sox "development history" over the last decade or so you always have that question in the back of your mind.

I agree with you about Eloy, I just think with his batting stance he is too far from the plate, everything is outside and he is  not getting any hard contact.

I continue to be baffled by how quickly White Sox fans have soured on Eloy because isn't hitting like Manny Rameriez after a month into his career. I was someone who was worried about Moncada but that was after he struggled and looked awful for months. People making conclusion about Eloy right now so early in his career is ridiculous. Mark my words you will all look foolish within a year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Eloy's stance just looks so odd. He became the player he is with that batting stance, though

That was in the minors it's different in the majors he better adjust because he is garbage in the field, embarrassing in the field, plus what I am seeing is a guy who likes to always be joking around in the dugout, it's the majors and he has done nothing to date, he is  not what I thought he would be.

13 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I continue to be baffled by how quickly White Sox fans have soured on Eloy because isn't hitting like Manny Rameriez after a month into his career. I was someone who was worried about Moncada but that was after he struggled and looked awful for months. People making conclusion about Eloy right now so early in his career is ridiculous. Mark my words you will all look foolish within a year.

They'll look foolish within a month 

Eloy had 2 hits up the middle this game. Credit the Astros scouting department for playing him that way. He had alot of hits up the middle in the minors. He'll have to adjust to that similar to teams already throwing him like 90% breaking balls in his ABs. It's weird to tell a guy to actually pull the ball more (or hit it to the right  side more) when usually 95% of the time a ball up the middle is a base hit. 

Edited by SoxAce

4 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

People shitting on Eloy already is hilarious.  Vlad Jr was batting like 212 with 1 HR before the last Sox series.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t get to hit against Sox pitching.  They will improve anyone’s stats.  😂

• Haha 1