Sox and Stros 7:10 Central

5 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

People shitting on Eloy already is hilarious.  Vlad Jr was batting like 212 with 1 HR before the last Sox series.

I hope eloy is great but eloy  will never be as good as Vlad Jr., he will be a great power and ave. hitter. Book it

It won't be long before the Sox look like what Houston does now.  Win 2 out of 3 games and be near impossible to beat at home. 

Wish we would get Robert, Collins, Madrigal and Cease up to big club asap.  In the long run players will develop better and faster by playing against better players IMO.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

It won't be long before the Sox look like what Houston does now.  Win 2 out of 3 games and be near impossible to beat at home. 

Wish we would get Robert, Collins, Madrigal and Cease up to big club asap.  In the long run players will develop better and faster by playing against better players IMO.  

No walks and 13 SO is awful. 

9 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I continue to be baffled by how quickly White Sox fans have soured on Eloy because isn't hitting like Manny Rameriez after a month into his career. I was someone who was worried about Moncada but that was after he struggled and looked awful for months. People making conclusion about Eloy right now so early in his career is ridiculous. Mark my words you will all look foolish within a year.

I agree with you that it is way too early to pass judgment on Eloy for the obvious reasons. However, I think some Sox fans are not realistic when they think a prospect will come up to the major leagues and immediately become a star. There are two painful parts to a rebuild: It takes time, and you never know how long it will take for any young player to develop. This team is at least two more years before becoming a real contender.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I agree with you that it is way too early to pass judgment on Eloy for the obvious reasons. However, I think some Sox fans are not realistic when they think a prospect will come up to the major leagues and immediately become a star. There are two painful parts to a rebuild: It takes time, and you never know how long it will take for any young player to develop. This team is at least two more years before becoming a real contender.

Post of the week....

Can we remember not long ago people calling for giolito to be dfa?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Post of the week....

Can we remember not long ago people calling for giolito to be dfa?

All you need to do is look at the difference between 2018 and 2019 Moncada to understand its gonna take time for these guys to develop. Seasons perhaps

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

All you need to do is look at the difference between 2018 and 2019 Moncada to understand its gonna take time for these guys to develop. Seasons perhaps

Totally agree. Sometimes you hit the jackpot. Players are ready from the get go. Recent players who took some time were maggs, robin, Alex Fernandez, Joe crede etc etc etc

• Like 1