Eaton and Frazier are in a feud in 2019...stemming from Drake Laroche

Buehrle>Wood

12 minutes ago, daggins said:

The story so dumb it refuses to die

if true some of the details in that story make Eaton sound like a huge fucking baby.

With veteran shortstop Jimmy Rollins let go after 41 games -- still a long enough stint for Rollins to have been the driving force behind Drake LaRoche's ouster and publicly clash with tightly wound infielder Brett Lawrie -- and no other English-speaking position player seeking to step into a leadership role, Eaton decided he'd try to fill the vacuum.

It should be noted that this was after Eaton had appeared on 670 The Score to lament bizarrely that the team had "lost a leader in Drake" when the boy was removed, and plenty of members of the White Sox organization were listening.

Frazier, who just happened to have the locker next door, called out Eaton for being a phony and made it clear that he lacked the standing in that room to be taken seriously as a leader.

Eaton's locker was moved well away from Frazier's shortly thereafter, and there was symbolic significance when the team gave that spot instead to top prospect Tim Anderson. Perhaps the best part is that Eaton claimed that he had actually wanted to move lockers the whole time, because its proximity to the doorway to the dugout tunnel made him "too cold."

And it's even dumber when you learn that Eaton himself is holding onto things, literally. Eaton made sure to keep one of the jerseys Sale cut up in his fit of pique, a source told 670 The Score, with the hope of either selling it someday or keeping alive in his heart the memory of a baseball team that was really screwed up, in large part because he was on it.

Eaton has a Napoleon Complex no doubt.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

if true some of the details in that story make Eaton sound like a huge fucking baby.

Eaton has always struck me as the kind of guy that fancies himself some kind of grand leader when in reality everyone thinks he's an annoying prick. This seems to bear that out. I've played with quite a few Adam Eaton's.

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Weren‘t there some rumblings from the DBacks back then that Eaton has worn out his welcome in their clubhouse?

a bunch of heresy but nothing concrete.  Still, where there is smoke there is fire and the smoke has followed Eaton around his entire career.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What's even more of an indictment of the organization is that the manager Robin Ventura let this crap go on without doing a damn thing apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

a bunch of heresy but nothing concrete.  Still, where there is smoke there is fire and the smoke has followed Eaton around his entire career.

Heresy =/= hearsay. Unless you think Eaton is divine.

Edited by 3GamesToLove
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I’m glad all the players involved are gone, from Rollins and LaRoche who were washed-up and should have never been signed, to Frazier who was mediocre with the Sox, to Eaton who is a man child but quite honestly contributed most to the current state of the Sox by performing and getting traded for three players.

LaRoche’s son should have never been allowed in the clubhouse as if he was a player.  Rollins was right about that.  And why did the Sox even give a player of LaRoche’s ilk special privileges anyways?  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

"Pay off your mortgage, I don't know what to tell you" - Todd Frazier

LOL what a killer clap-back

Wow! Love Frazier. Anybody have last night's quotes from Adam? Link? I love Frazier for addressing this.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Yes supposedly Montero hated him

Supposedly alot of guys in that clubhouse didn't like him either.

An anonymous player told Arizona Sports 620 that losing Eaton was “addition by subtraction” and that the 25-year-old was a “selfish me-me type player.” azcentral sports’ Nick Piecoro was told that Eaton “irked people in the clubhouse” and his “attitude had a tendency to wear on people.”