Eaton and Frazier are in a feud in 2019...stemming from Drake Laroche

Buehrle>Wood

Nerd/obsessed fan moment:

I was friends with Adam Eaton on facebook. I posted a picture of a fish that I caught. He literally commented on it and asked me how big it was.

I will always admire him for taking the time to do that. Made my day lol. And this happened like 2 years ago.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Nerd/obsessed fan moment:

I was friends with Adam Eaton on facebook. I posted a picture of a fish that I caught. He literally commented on it and asked me how big it was.

I will always admire him for taking the time to do that. Made my day lol. And this happened like 2 years ago.

That’s just cuz he wanted to follow it up with a story on how he caught an even bigger one than you.  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

... interesting read.

Also, WSD tweeted earlier that Frazier shoved Eaton into a locker during their altercation in 2016 

This fucking quote:

This led to a clubhouse revolt with Sale and Eaton at the center of it. Sale said the team’s problem was Williams “lying, plain and simple. We got bold-faced (sic) lied to by someone we’re supposed to be able to trust. … Somebody walked out those doors the other day and it was the wrong guy.”

Players hung Drake LaRoche’s jersey in his old stall and Eaton went on a Chicago radio show and said: “We lost a leader in Drake. Which is crazy enough that a 14-year-old could be looked at like that, but the kid was so tremendous.”

Yes, it is crazy Adam.

• Like 1

What I will never understand is why LaRoche was signed in the first place. This weird stuff with his son had to pre-date the White Sox. If I knew some idiot player wanted his son hanging around the clubhouse all the time, I wouldn't want that player near my team. Sounds like the Sox front office was asleep at the wheel again. Thinking about 2016 makes me cringe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I cant believe all of this is resurfacing 

It's regarding the White Sox. They always seem to be involved in bizarre/obscure news or stories.  Some cool, baseball related and then some like this. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I cant believe all of this is resurfacing 

Hey, I'm just happy someone else is just as miserable about the 2016 Sox as I am.  The Shields trade that topped the whole thing off is the perfect epitaph to a not-good and not-enjoyable team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Hey, I'm just happy someone else is just as miserable about the 2016 Sox as I am.  The Shields trade that topped the whole thing off is the perfect epitaph to a not-good and not-enjoyable team.

Yeah, we heard about this feud. I had no idea Jimmy Rollins got into it with Lawrie. Lawrie is one guy if I was looking for a fight, I would avoid. He seems like he could go way nuts.

• Haha 2

I remember a video of Eaton reaching over a barrier (SoxFest or spring training) and lifting up and interacting with a kid with some handicap.  The kid and his parents were excited and happy.  It showed a side of Eaton that was very human and nice.  It certainly influenced my opinion of him.  I think his trade was a good one for us and we were overpaid.  However, I don't buy into his being a 100% jerk.

17 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I remember a video of Eaton reaching over a barrier (SoxFest or spring training) and lifting up and interacting with a kid with some handicap.  The kid and his parents were excited and happy.  It showed a side of Eaton that was very human and nice.  It certainly influenced my opinion of him.  I think his trade was a good one for us and we were overpaid.  However, I don't buy into his being a 100% jerk.

Jerks are capable of good moments. 

Nobody is accusing him of being a total sociopath, just a guy that seems to rub everyone who's ever worked with him the wrong way. 

15 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Honestly, I’m glad all the players involved are gone, from Rollins and LaRoche who were washed-up and should have never been signed, to Frazier who was mediocre with the Sox, to Eaton who is a man child but quite honestly contributed most to the current state of the Sox by performing and getting traded for three players.

LaRoche’s son should have never been allowed in the clubhouse as if he was a player.  Rollins was right about that.  And why did the Sox even give a player of LaRoche’s ilk special privileges anyways?  😂

If we're putting together the list, somewhere at the top of it needs to be Robin Ventura. This mess happened under his "watch". IMO he checked out starting in 2013 and the fact that all this is still going on is a testament to how much of a problem that became.

• Like 2

Player who have an edge to them often play for winners.  Ty Cobb, Billy Martin, Early Wynn and AJ all had that edgy personality and I wonder if it didn't contribute to keeping their teammates heads in the game.  I know that I'm guilty of liking my "nice" players and was recently thinking how likeable most of our players are.  We always see TV shots of players fooling around happily in the dugout or playing mouse ears when on base.  Maybe we need a couple of edgy players to keep us focused.

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Player who have an edge to them often play for winners.  Ty Cobb, Billy Martin, Early Wynn and AJ all had that edgy personality and I wonder if it didn't contribute to keeping their teammates heads in the game.  I know that I'm guilty of liking my "nice" players and was recently thinking how likeable most of our players are.  We always see TV shots of players fooling around happily in the dugout or playing mouse ears when on base.  Maybe we need a couple of edgy players to keep us focused.

Well we had Adam Eaton and those 3 teams were pathetic losers who are still fighting the same fights 3 year later, so perhaps there' another ingredient. 

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's regarding the White Sox. They always seem to be involved in bizarre/obscure news or stories.  Some cool, baseball related and then some like this. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I feel this is a common occurrence with Reinsdorf owned teams. You see ridiculous stuff like this all the time with the bulls. Paxson grabbing Del Negro by the tie, the players temporary mutiny against Boylen this year. There are plenty of other examples as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, ron883 said:

I feel this is a common occurrence with Reinsdorf owned teams. You see ridiculous stuff like this all the time with the bulls. Paxson grabbing Del Negro by the tie, the players temporary mutiny against Boylen this year. There are plenty of other examples as well. 

Yep for two teams that haven’t been competitive for a long time, they sure have been in the news for strange/bad things more than typical non-relevant teams.

21 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Counter point: Nick Swisher, Carlos Zambrano, John Rocker

"Edge" doesn't really mean anything.

As Balta pointed out, the 2016 team had its edgy guys: Sale, Lawrie, Eaton

39 minutes ago, Quin said:

Counter point: Nick Swisher, Carlos Zambrano, John Rocker

"Edge" doesn't really mean anything.

As Balta pointed out, the 2016 team had its edgy guys: Sale, Lawrie, Eaton

Sale isnt really edgy. Sale is just uber competitive, there is a massive difference. 

Being an asshole and selfish dick are not good leadership traits regardless of profession. 

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Buster Posey is the best leader I've ever had the privilege to be around in the baseball world... he is the exact opposite of edgy or tough/mean. He's a selfless teammate in a world filled with selfishness. Buster is a pretty good winner too I'd say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sale isnt really edgy. Sale is just uber competitive, there is a massive difference. 

Being an asshole and selfish dick are not good leadership traits regardless of profession. 

The dude cut up jerseys for the entire team because he didn't like the collar, I'd say that's fairly edgy.

I've been far and wide in baseball circles, and I'm here to tell you, Drake LaRoche is best leader I've seen. I wouldn't necessarily call him edgy, but, when he's shagging balls he's 100% effort and guys just feed off of it. 

• Haha 1

Edgy might be a good trait for a manager (Joe Girardi) or perhaps nurturing (Ricky).  We can all see the difference.  Sometime one method or the other seems to be the way to go.  Current team seems to be full of nice guys being managed by a nice guy.  Maybe that's great or maybe we need more edge.  It's probably good when no one excepts being bad.

Edited by poppysox