White Sox @ Astros: a game thread

Heads22

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Yeah Moncada looked like a 50 year old dude swinging up there...like he had no idea what was coming.

For some reason Sox hitters always look for the offspeed pitch vs Astros 

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

There was a few of us who wanted Brantley in the offseason. :)

Why would you ever spend $32 million on Brantley when you could have this collection of players for $32 million?

Alonso

Nova

Herrera

Jay

Santana

Don’t you know?  More is always better for the same price.  Just ask Rick and Kenny.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Why would you ever spend $32 million on Brantley when you could have this collection of players for $32 million?

Alonso

Nova

Herrera

Jay

Santana

More is always better for the same price.

What a fresh take. I am interested in hearing more of your thoughts. What do you think of the Tatis/Shields trade? Was it a good deal for the Sox?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Alonso

Nova

Herrera

Jay

Santana

Don’t you know?  More is always better for the same price.  Just ask Rick and Kenny.

Yawn 

• Love 3

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

What a fresh take. I am interested in hearing more of your thoughts. What do you think of the Tatis/Shields trade? Was it a good deal for the Sox?

It’s pretty awful to see millions of dollars burned and what it could’ve been spent on, isn’t it?  But I digress...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mqr said:

I can’t wait til Verlander gets popped for roids

I hate to speculate on these things.... but in 2014 Verlander was 31 and had seen his average fastball velocity decline steadily for 5 straight years....

image.png

Since  then, he saw it climb for 3 years back to about his old peak, and has basically maintained it since then. This isn't a failed test or anything, but seeing a guy buck the ageing trend like this is always suspicious.