White Sox @ Astros: a game thread

Heads22

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So Covey seems to have good velocity, throws an array of pitches, and doesn’t walk the world.  Does he just not have enough movement on his pitches?

That's his mode 1/5 starts.  The other 4 he has no secondary pitches he can throw for a strike and his fastball is sitting 92-94 with very little movement.   For a brief period he had a wicked 2 seam fastball but that appears to have been a fluke.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Remember when David Ortiz looked like he was toast and couldn‘t hit the fastball anymore only to come back in his late 30‘s with the quickest bat he has haver had. 

That‘s who Verlander reminds me of.

It's pretty suspicious.  Verlander was toast, then he got traded and found his fastball again.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Quick fact check: David Ortiz had pretty much the best season of his career at age 40.  🤣

Can‘t wait for him to get into the hall and nobody will talk about that he was obviously juicing. 

theres no doubt in my mind he juiced the whole way

25 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

He didn’t miss because he’s too far off the plate. Come on. He missed because he got fooled and didn’t stay closed. 

And sure they change. Anderson made adjustments. So did Moncada. Other guys have too, but they just aren’t that good so it doesn’t really matter. You can’t tweak your stance and become more talented. 

Eloy has now struck out over 30 percent of his at bats, mostly on the outside part of the plate and absolutely you can hit better if as you say tweak your stance.

1 minute ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Eloy has now struck out over 30 percent of his at bats, mostly on the outside part of the plate and absolutely you can hit better if as you say tweak your stance.

As a whole, he’s been really bad this season. Not a lot of hard contact at all.  I’m actually shocked at how bad he’s been. Meanwhile, 0-17 this series for the players that matter.  I miss Orioles pitching.

3 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

He’s gotten fooled twice on pitches 4 inches off the plate. It’s not his stance, it’s recognition. Anthony Rizzo wouldn’t have hit that. 

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

He’s gotten fooled twice on pitches 4 inches off the plate. It’s not his stance, it’s recognition. Anthony Rizzo wouldn’t have hit that. 

He’s off the plate a good amount and also pulling off the ball.  It’s a bad combination and he’s been terrible against sliders and curveballs this season.  I honestly don’t know why anyone ever throws him a fastball over the plate.