White Sox @ Astros: a game thread

Heads22

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Verlander should admit after the game how much easier it is to beat a tanking team than a team that actually tries to win.

He was 7-1 with a 2.38 ERA coming into the game. He and the Astros are making it look easy to beat everyone, not just the Sox.

15 minutes ago, T R U said:

I still gotta go to two more of these shit shows, suffering ain’t over yet

I hope you went to see our cool uniforms (not being sarcastic; gotta love the Sox jersey and hat in person) and not the games cause as expected we're getting swept.

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Verlander should admit after the game how much easier it is to beat a tanking team than a team that actually tries to win.

Well, yeah.  Most contending teams aren’t starting trash like Leury Garcia, Welington Castillo, Yonder Alonso, Charlie Tilson, and Yolmer Sanchez.  Most teams would have to call up a couple bums from AAA and throw them into their worst Sunday lineup imaginable just to compete with what the Sox are throwing out there on a daily basis.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He was 7-1 with a 2.38 ERA coming into the game. He and the Astros are making it look easy to beat everyone, not just the Sox.

Yes but it's very very easy to throw a 1-hitter against a team that purposely is tanking and putting several inept hitters in the lineup on a daily basis. As well as several pitchers who are unbelievably bad.

I'd just love to hear him say it rather than accept all the accolades for a dandy performance.

Blame Rick, not Verlander.  Hahn is the one who made this start easy for Justin.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 3

Don't make the same mistake some made with Yoan. Eloy is going to be great. This is why he's been brought up. To go through his learning curve this season and next. It pains me to say that, though, to think of all the losses we'll have before the tank job is over. But anyway ... cmon. Eloy will be just like Yoan and Timmy. It takes just a bit of time. He may even rake in July/August for all we know.

I am not even sure my comment was intended to directly imply it is on Eloy as much as it is on Todd Stiverson, Rick Renteria, etc. What is being done from a coaching perspective to help further develop the player?

Other teams seem to be just fine at helping their young prospects reach a high level immediately, or at the very least ensure their rough patches are minimal. Why does it seem that every White Sox prospect needs 2+ years to "go thru the learning curve"?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yes but it's very very easy to throw a 1-hitter against a team that purposely is tanking and putting several inept hitters in the lineup on a daily basis. As well as several pitchers who are unbelievably bad.

Hate to tell you but it was the actual core players going forward that were the easiest outs for Verlander. 0-7 with 7k for Moncada and Eloy.  The Sox approach was just fucking awful tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hate to tell you but it was the actual core players going forward that were the easiest outs for Verlander. 0-7 with 7k for Moncada and Eloy.  The Sox approach was just fucking awful tonight.

Yeah, most of the players are below average on this crap team, but I contend the totally horrific hitters give absolutely no protection to the halfway decent hitters. They also give Verlander the knowledge that this is gonna be one of the easiest wins of his season. I seriously would not object to Fathom or a moderator batting instead of Wellington.

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why would they want to tank anymore their drafts have horrible.

Just now, mqr said:

Just so everyone knows verlander has given up 4 hits in 3 starts, so maybe view the game through that lense. 

No, I still expect studs like Leury, Castillo, Alonso, Tilson, and Yolmer to be successful regardless of whom they are facing.

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Why is Castillo playing instead of McCann? What am I missing here? Is this team actually losing on purpose?

This is a good one. McXann should be playing 6 out of 7 games. If he is going to cool off let him do it on his own, not by sitting him constantly when he is hot,silly.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Because tanking is gods gift to GMs.  It allows them to hide behind it even if things aren’t progressing.

Hahn’s excuse will definitely be unexpected injuries before he ever mentions taking the wrong players in the draft.

11 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

I am not even sure my comment was intended to directly imply it is on Eloy as much as it is on Todd Stiverson, Rick Renteria, etc. What is being done from a coaching perspective to help further develop the player?

Other teams seem to be just fine at helping their young prospects reach a high level immediately, or at the very least ensure their rough patches are minimal. Why does it seem that every White Sox prospect needs 2+ years to "go thru the learning curve"?

2019 mlb team stats where do the White Sox stand

Hitting- 20th

Pitching - 25th

Fielding- 29th

What has not changed - same manager same coaches same gm same drafting guru same garbage 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yet again ... Jose Ruiz sent down after tonight's game.

The only people in the entire organization who are held accountable are the young relief pitchers. Not the GM, not the manager, not the hitting/pitching coach, not the drug-using catcher, not the brother in law, not the gatorade boy, just the relief pitchers (and Ervin Santana). 

2 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

2019 mlb team stats where do the White Sox stand

Hitting- 20th

Pitching - 25th

Fielding- 29th

What has not changed - same manager same coaches same gm same drafting guru same garbage 

No accountability in the entire organization.

Yet we all still watch all the games, pay money for tickets, and spend time away from family to talk about it. 

Who are the real idiots here? (Yes, thumb firmly pointed at myself)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

Yet again ... Jose Ruiz sent down after tonight's game.

The only people in the entire organization who are held accountable are the young relief pitchers. Not the GM, not the manager, not the hitting/pitching coach, not the drug-using catcher, not the brother in law, not the gatorade boy, just the relief pitchers (and Ervin Santana). 

Great post, hahn might be book smart but he is no baseball gm, after 3 years of drafting they have very little too nothing in their system, this rebuild is going no where, they have tons of holes with no difference makers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

Yet we all still watch all the games, pay money for tickets, and spend time away from family to talk about it. 

And yet the front office could give a crap about loyal fans. As long as the organization gets all that TV money, who cares about loyal fans? Not Jerry and the rest of 'em. Glad you are rich, Jerry.

3 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

I said this winter i would not give them 1 penny and I have not and won't, and I was called a cub troll, but let me honest with you, I totally respect who the cubs are.