Sox @ Astros 5/22 Gamethread

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The real pain is watching this rotation when Lucas & Lopez aren’t pitching.

At least Gio has turned it around in a big way. If we were getting more 2018 Lucas things would be very grim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's such a poor MLB lineup. I truly don't know how we had a decent first six weeks. My gosh this team has a pathetic make-up.

The only bad hitters in that lineup are Alonso and Sanchez.  The rest are pretty good.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's such a poor MLB lineup. I truly don't know how we had a decent first six weeks. My gosh this team has a pathetic make-up.

Um, aside from Alonso and maybe Yolmer (who should be a platoon tbh), the lineup isn't that bad. Leury has been solid all year, Moncada is in a slump right now but we saw what he can do in April, Abreu, McCann still one of the best offensive catchers in the league, Eloy is still adjusting, we know who Anderson is now, Tilson is hot.

Houston just is a really good team, and they are showing us how far the Sox have to go to get to that elite level. "Pathetic" is overkill. I would say work-in progress but still major league worthy...I like Yonder but he has zero place on this team right now. Cut the losses.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Um, aside from Alonso and maybe Yolmer (who should be a platoon tbh), the lineup isn't that bad. Leury has been solid all year, Moncada is in a slump right now but we saw what he can do in April, Abreu, McCann still one of the best offensive catchers in the league, Eloy is still adjusting, we know who Anderson is now, Tilson is hot.

Houston just is a really good team, and they are showing us how far the Sox have to go to get to that elite level. "Pathetic" is overkill. I would say work-in progress but still major league worthy...I like Yonder but he has zero place on this team right now. Cut the losses.

Houston hasn't knocked us out of the park.  Pitching and defense wins games.  Just really been out pitched.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Houston hasn't knocked us out of the park.  Pitching and defense wins games.  Just really been out pitched.

If Nova has it tonight and the Sox somehow pull this one out of the hat, they have a decent chance at splitting this series with Gio on the bump tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

If Nova has it tonight and the Sox somehow pull this one out of the hat, they have a decent chance at splitting this series with Gio on the bump tomorrow. 

I agree with you but didn't feel like getting jumped on by half the board.  We lost the 2 games I expected to lose because our pitching situation looked kind of bleak.

4 minutes ago, Tannerfan said:

Why is Anderson hitting 7th? Can anyone explain the theory behind one of your best hitters with speed not hitting either 1, 2, or 3?

I wish some reporter would ask him his logic behind his lineups. Is this like a taboo question?

• bmags pinned this topic