Sox @ Astros 5/22 Gamethread

25 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Just left my daughters softball game. Checked the gamethread to see how many posts there were almost an hour into the game. Checked to see there were less than 2 pages, thought to myself Sox must be winning. Sure enough.. 

Can her team spare a starting pitcher until August?

• Haha 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Can't really blame anyone there, just a nice play by HOU

Really? That ball looked caught to me off the bat... no need to be between 2nd and 3rd base on that ball.  If it gets over his head you are scoring anyway.

I disagree.

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If you are a mediocre pitcher and pitch like Buehrle you have a chance to make it in baseball. His style should be THE ONLY way to pitch.

For me it is the only way to pitch.  Nova is painful to watch.  Hard to keep the defense awake.

Abreu has been adding to his trade value as he continues hitting homers & rbi's.  Interesting if offers tempt the FO.  I'm actually on the fence on this.  Good time for him to get hot... both for negotiating an extension with us or upping his value for trade.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Considering all the talk about Cole as a possible option for the Sox, am I the only one completely underwhelmed by his stuff tonight?

Looks good but not great.  Certainly doesn't look like a #1.

Edited by poppysox