Sox @ Astros 5/22 Gamethread

Just now, OneDog847 said:

There you go Charlie!

Let's hope the plan is to keep Jay on the IL all year so that he doesn't steal at bats from the youngsters. 

Until you posted this, I had completely forgotten Jon Jay in fact exists.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I truly believe this team has moved out of abjectly awful into mediocre

I had them at 70 wins this year, an 8 game improvement from last year. I think that’s still about right but they might squeeze out 73/74 wins which would be a great improvement from last year. All while carrying the 6th lowest payroll in baseball is pretty encouraging.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I suspect something went down during the Machado negotiations between Jay and the White Sox. Hopefully they just DFA him in a couple months. 

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

And I hope I never have to see him play for the Sox, in the same way I wouldn't be upset if I never had to watch Alonso play for the Sox again

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

I suspect something went down during the Machado negotiations between Jay and the White Sox. Hopefully they just DFA him in a couple months. 

Machado said that Jay and Alonso said a bunch of great things about San Diego, so yeah, their recruiting pitch was great for the Padres

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So Ivan Nova has quality starts against the Yankees, Indians, and Astros. Apparently he only pitches well against good teams.

Honestly his falling off has caught me off guard. This is the kinda of start I expected out of him most nights

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Machado said that Jay and Alonso said a bunch of great things about San Diego, so yeah, their recruiting pitch was great for the Padres

Both those dudes owe Manny a monthly steak dinner at Gibson's for the rest of Mr. Machado's life. 

This is shaping up as a game the boys can be proud of.  Hitting against a top pitcher and multiple homers including a grand slam...defense including double plays and triple play...pitching and holding down a good offensive club especially at their home where they seldom lose.

ENTERTAINING!!!

Edited by poppysox
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Both those dudes owe Manny a monthly steak dinner at Gibson's for the rest of Mr. Machado's life. 

San Diego is a great fucking town.  Just spent some time down there for the 1st time about a month ago.  Perfect beach vacation town.  Food and weather and people were all outstanding.  Not to mention the marine life.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

This is shaping up as a game the boys can be proud of.  Hitting against a top pitcher and multiple homes including a grand slam...defense including double plays and triple play...pitching and holding down a good offensive club especially at their home where they seldom lose.

ENTERTAINING!!!

This is another sign that this isn't a bad club, they are just mediocre.  Baby steps.

The last two games were as well, when the Sox hung around before bowing out against elite pitching.