Sox @ Astros 5/22 Gamethread

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Greene doesn’t have the track record though 

No but he has more control and often the reliever market his about control and getting the hottest hand. 

Also greene was great in 17

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Colome is such a stud. Easily the top closer on the trade market this July if the Sox make him available.

Decisions on Colome & Abreu will be important.  If we sell I want major league ready people who are blocked and therefore expendable.  The future is now.  Give the kids a chance to taste the majors and play together.  Your seeing guys like Jimenez, Gio & Tyson grow up right before us.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Win tomorrow and the Sox split the series. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be more than happy with that.

I’d be happy with a split going into Houston even if the Sox were a top tier team

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Win tomorrow and the Sox split the series. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be more than happy with that.

I'd be happy if Giolito pitches well even if the Sox somehow lose. He's much more important in the long run. Would love to see him shut them down.

Edited by SoxAce

Good to see Eloy display that power we've heard about.  Once he gets settled we are going to see some impressive things out of him.  Maybe it's just my eyes but I thought he looked much better in the field as well.

28 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

10 hits, 1 walk, and only 3 strikeouts in 7 innings.  Scary peripherals.  1.57 WHIP.  Lucky.

We have seen Bad Nova.   Fortunately this was Adequate Nova.

it wasn't perfect but he gave them a chance and it was on the road against one of the best teams in the league

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Good to see Eloy display that power we've heard about.  Once he gets settled we are going to see some impressive things out of him.  Maybe it's just my eyes but I thought he looked much better in the field as well.

The fact that he has some awesome power to the opposite field is a great sign. He's so young and just needs time. The team isn't going anywhere; it can afford to wait.

9 hours ago, mqr said:

No but he has more control and often the reliever market his about control and getting the hottest hand. 

Also greene was great in 17

He had a 3.84 FIP in 2017. Greene is nothing more than a bridge reliever on any decent team. 3.84 is worse than colome has put up in 5+ years.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

55 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

10 hits, 1 walk, and only 3 strikeouts in 7 innings.  Scary peripherals.  1.57 WHIP.  Lucky.

When assessing someone's performance in an individual game, the outcome is all that matters. He went deep into the game and made a QS against  historically good offense through this point.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run