4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Albies was 19 at that time. Gaining power as a 19 year old is much more believable than a 22 year old gaining power. 

Yea it's incredibly concerning that he's got essentially 24 months left as a prospect.  If he's 25 and hitting 270/330/350 in AAA he's not a prospect anymore he's a poor man's Yolmer Sanchez.  It's late early for Madrigal.

Just now, Timmy U said:

Cease walked a guy then picked him off.  Good move, athletic kid.

when's the last time we had a guy with a good pickoff move?  MB?

2 walks in the inning, but gets out of it.  Cease is clearly working on throwing his secondary stuff for strikes.  That's the last box that needs to be checked.  I think if they brought him up now he'd walk a lot of guys.

People are panicking way too much on Madrigal.  The sad reality for us is Chris Getz and his player development staff suck and that means it will always take longer for guys to figure shit out.  The fact that Madrigal still has elite bat to ball skills means he’s some moderate adjustments away from being a high average hitter.  That won’t make him a star but hopefully a an above average regular when you factor in plus defense and very good base running ability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

People are panicking way too much on Madrigal.  The sad reality for us is Chris Getz and his player development staff suck and that means it will always take longer for guys to figure shit out.  The fact that Madrigal still has elite bat to ball skills means he’s some moderate adjustments away from being a high average hitter.  That won’t make him a star but hopefully a an above average regular when you factor in plus defense and very good base running ability.

I will promise to not worry about him for the entire time that people will promise to stop saying that he should be rushed to the big leagues or be our starting 2b sometime in 2020. 

I think this is a fair trade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Jimmy Lambo excites me

I like him alot, but I'm curious how he will fare when he's in AAA with the big league ball.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I will promise to not worry about him for the entire time that people will promise to stop saying that he should be rushed to the big leagues or be our starting 2b sometime in 2020. 

I think this is a fair trade. 

I accept these terms.

59 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

when's the last time we had a guy with a good pickoff move?  MB?

Feel like that’s a generally rare thing nowadays

Cease likely done.  Through 6.  Labored and lost his mechanics, so he walked 2, but struck a guy out on 3-2.  He's going to be good, but he definitely is not a finished product.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Basabe is 2 - 3 today. He's heating up.

That would be huge.  He's becoming an important player given how Eloy's looked defensively and how many of the other outfielders have not looked good.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

That excites me. I still like him as a prospect.  love his upside.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Out of the Basabe/Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo group, Basabe is on the verge of separating himself as the only legit prospect of the group

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Out of the Basabe/Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo group, Basabe is on the verge of separating himself as the only legit prospect of the group

I don't know why but I still like Gonzalez. 

3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I don't know why but I still like Gonzalez. 

Same. I think he will come around.

• Like 1