Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Albies was 19 at that time. Gaining power as a 19 year old is much more believable than a 22 year old gaining power. 

Yea it's incredibly concerning that he's got essentially 24 months left as a prospect.  If he's 25 and hitting 270/330/350 in AAA he's not a prospect anymore he's a poor man's Yolmer Sanchez.  It's late early for Madrigal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Timmy U said:

Cease walked a guy then picked him off.  Good move, athletic kid.

when's the last time we had a guy with a good pickoff move?  MB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 walks in the inning, but gets out of it.  Cease is clearly working on throwing his secondary stuff for strikes.  That's the last box that needs to be checked.  I think if they brought him up now he'd walk a lot of guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are panicking way too much on Madrigal.  The sad reality for us is Chris Getz and his player development staff suck and that means it will always take longer for guys to figure shit out.  The fact that Madrigal still has elite bat to ball skills means he’s some moderate adjustments away from being a high average hitter.  That won’t make him a star but hopefully a an above average regular when you factor in plus defense and very good base running ability.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

People are panicking way too much on Madrigal.  The sad reality for us is Chris Getz and his player development staff suck and that means it will always take longer for guys to figure shit out.  The fact that Madrigal still has elite bat to ball skills means he’s some moderate adjustments away from being a high average hitter.  That won’t make him a star but hopefully a an above average regular when you factor in plus defense and very good base running ability.

I will promise to not worry about him for the entire time that people will promise to stop saying that he should be rushed to the big leagues or be our starting 2b sometime in 2020. 

I think this is a fair trade. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ron883 said:

Jimmy Lambo excites me

I like him alot, but I'm curious how he will fare when he's in AAA with the big league ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I will promise to not worry about him for the entire time that people will promise to stop saying that he should be rushed to the big leagues or be our starting 2b sometime in 2020. 

I think this is a fair trade. 

I accept these terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

when's the last time we had a guy with a good pickoff move?  MB?

Feel like that’s a generally rare thing nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cease likely done.  Through 6.  Labored and lost his mechanics, so he walked 2, but struck a guy out on 3-2.  He's going to be good, but he definitely is not a finished product.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Basabe is 2 - 3 today. He's heating up.

That would be huge.  He's becoming an important player given how Eloy's looked defensively and how many of the other outfielders have not looked good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Basabe is 2 - 3 today. He's heating up.

That excites me. I still like him as a prospect.  love his upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Basabe is 2 - 3 today. He's heating up.

Out of the Basabe/Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo group, Basabe is on the verge of separating himself as the only legit prospect of the group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Out of the Basabe/Rutherford/Gonzalez/Adolfo group, Basabe is on the verge of separating himself as the only legit prospect of the group

I don't know why but I still like Gonzalez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I don't know why but I still like Gonzalez. 

Same. I think he will come around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×