Sox @ Astros 5/23 Gamethread

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be 11 games out if we lose tonight. 11 games and there's still a week to go in May. So once again, the kids just get out of school and we're out of the race. I'd laugh if I wasn't crying so much.

"Wait til next year!!"

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Glad Stoney didn't respond to that ridiculous Jason observation that the run differential vs. Houston is much better this year. Who cares? Our team is 11 out and it's not even June.

This seems like an odd time to go off against this year's version of the Sox, after possibly their most cromulent performance of the year last night and a good looking Giolito on the mound tonight

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

This seems like an odd time to go off against this year's version of the Sox, after possibly their most cromulent performance of the year last night and a good looking Giolito on the mound tonight

I decided to look at the standings tonight for the first time in a long time and it made me mad. That's all. Sox have trained me well to not look at the standings. I did and now I'm FURIOUS! I want to contend. ... I'll leave now to cool off.

Edited by greg775

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Holy shit when was the last time you saw Giolito throw 2 fastballs at 97 mph for a strike? 

He's got some pinpoint control tonight so far. And he's throwing hard. 

Just now, Heads22 said:

I've said it before, but its why we were right to give him the opportunity all year long last year.

Not sure what's more unlikely that he was literally the worst pitcher in baseball last year or that he now looks like one of the 20 best over the last month.

Baseball, what a game.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is on MLB network tonight. If you have a Roku TV and have cut the cord on pay TV you can still get MLB network on Roku on whats called Gade TV.It's also good because you can get hockey on CBC on it also. It's basically a foreign station broadcaster, How and why MLB network is on it I don't care . I'm just glad I found it.

Do people actually cut the cord because they might entail unjustified risk for the size of the reward. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I decided to look at the standings tonight for the first time in a long time and it made me mad. That's all. Sox have trained me well to not look at the standings. I did and now I'm FURIOUS! I want to contend. ... I'll leave now to cool off.

I don't know what to tell you if you've looked at our starting pitching options this year

• Haha 1