Sox @ Astros 5/23 Gamethread

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Heads22 said:

I don't know what to tell you if you've looked at our starting pitching options this year

We should all be thrilled with the rebuild progress at the big league level this year imo.  The pitching was always going to suck horribly, without Rodon it's now even worse.  But really who cares.  Heal up Kopech, get Cease up, continue to develop Gio and Lopez and just hope and pray you can find a couple more guys either in FA or internally.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We should all be thrilled with the rebuild progress at the big league level this year imo.  The pitching was always going to suck horribly, without Rodon it's now even worse.  But really who cares.  Heal up Kopech, get Cease up, continue to develop Gio and Lopez and just hope and pray you can find a couple more guys either in FA or internally.

Apparently if we can do one thing, it's cobble together at least an average bullpen. I don't think we thought Tilson or Cordell would contribute in the least, and they haven't embarrassed themselves. James McCann is the single best player in baseball. Eloy looks like a rookie, but not overmatched. Yoan and Tim have shown a ton of growth.

I'd like to investigate Mendick at 2B at some point, but I totally agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Apparently if we can do one thing, it's cobble together at least an average bullpen. I don't think we thought Tilson or Cordell would contribute in the least, and they haven't embarrassed themselves. James McCann is the single best player in baseball. Eloy looks like a rookie, but not overmatched. Yoan and Tim have shown a ton of growth.

I'd like to investigate Mendick at 2B at some point, but I totally agree with you.

The FO should absolutely be adding actual good players in the offseason. They should have this offseason but whatever what’s done is done

Edited by mqr

Just now, mqr said:

The FO should be adding actual good players in the offseason. They should have this offseason but whatever what’s done is done

They tried, but if you want the large popcorn at the movies and all you can afford is the box of raisins, then you simply have to buy the butter and the salt and hope the popcorn will come along for cheaper, or something.

Also, I'm enjoying this.