Sox @ Astros 5/23 Gamethread

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Like most good pitchers he is working fast.  Not doing the walk all over the mound and think yourself into a funk.  Like it.

I think McCann has a lot to do with it. A catcher who calls a great game and has the confidence of the staff is invaluable. It was an incredibly underrated part of AJP's game. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Haha, that camera angle made it look like it was the 2005 Pujols NLCS HR instead of a flout.

Seriously. JB had just talked about how the Stros had hit a HR in 19 straight games, my immediate reaction was "welp, 20 straight"

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I‘m glad Brantley is out of the division. That dude can just flat out hit.

That's why I wanted him in the off season. He's a professional hitter when he isn't hurt and swings and misses are rare for him. You may not be watching a Mike Trout but you are watching a true talent with the bat.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think McCann has a lot to do with it. A catcher who calls a great game and has the confidence of the staff is invaluable. It was an incredibly underrated part of AJP's game. 

That's one of the reasons I keep calling for an early extension.

Just now, poppysox said:

That's one of the reasons I keep calling for an early extension.

Yeah defense and pitch sequencing outweigh offense at that position in the post-steroid era. You're not going to have Mike Piazza types hanging around all that much. Those guys are rare.