That's a big ol' CGSO winner!

chitownsportsfan

Nice win. I liked it.

This is not hyperbole. The eye test tells me Eloy (if he can stay healthy) could emerge as single handedly the greatest hitter in Sox history. If he stays healthy he has a shot. Giolito if he can stay healthy is a Verlander type career. Obviously in this era health is the No. 1 concern.

Eloy hit a cannon tonight. If Tilson keeps this up, he has a place on the contending team. He will make up for Rutherford being a flop. Tilson can erase Rutherford. I know we are all rooting for lifetime Sox fan Tilson. Gio like Tilson and Eloy is strong in the eye test department. Moncada's one hit was very nice. He's for real too. Hahn is going to have a couple of these trades saving his career. The Eloy trade may prove to be one of the best in Sox history; one of the worst in Cub history. I'd take 15 years of Eloy excellence over Q, whom I also loved. If Cease is as good as they say ... ouch (the Cub needs a bandaid).

Edited by greg775

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Nice win. I liked it.

This is not hyperbole. The eye test tells me Eloy (if he can stay healthy) could emerge as single handedly the greatest hitter in Sox history. If he stays healthy he has a shot. Giolito if he can stay healthy is a Verlander type career. Obviously in this era health is the No. 1 concern.

Eloy hit a cannon tonight. If Tilson keeps this up, he has a place on the contending team. He will make up for Rutherford being a flop. Tilson can erase Rutherford. I know we are all rooting for lifetime Sox fan Tilson. Gio like Tilson and Eloy is strong in the eye test department. Moncada's one hit was very nice. He's for real too. Hahn is going to have a couple of these trades saving his career. The Eloy trade may prove to be one of the best in Sox history; one of the worst in Cub history. I'd take 15 years of Eloy excellence over Q, whom I also loved. If Cease is as good as they say ... ouch (the Cub needs a bandaid).

Wasn’t Tilson a Cubs fan growing up?  He is from Winnetka...

• Haha 1

The last 2 games were sweet as honeysuckle. We haven't seen a game pitched like that since Sale left. Moncada with a big double. Eloy with his 3rd homer in 2 nights.McCann got a hit and SB. Yolmer a silent 3 for4 .Tilson 1 for 3 with a walk though one AB was wasted by trying to advance runners with a bunt .

Last 4 starts Gio  0.64 ERA .

Yonder (who else) the only starter without a hit.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wasn’t Tilson a Cubs fan growing up?  He is from Winnetka...

Nope a quick google search turned up this "My older brother was kind of a mentor to me, and he was a die-hard White Sox fan growing up and wouldn't let me be anything else," said Tilson,

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/baseball/2014/07/23/springfield-hopes-tilson-sparks-sputtering-offense/13031129/

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nope a quick google search turned up this "My older brother was kind of a mentor to me, and he was a die-hard White Sox fan growing up and wouldn't let me be anything else," said Tilson,

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/baseball/2014/07/23/springfield-hopes-tilson-sparks-sputtering-offense/13031129/

Nobody ever talks about this but Hahn grew up a Cubs fan. Hahn was never at a White Sox game in his life until he started working for JR.

Edited by WBWSF
  • Haha 1

That was a masterful game Giolito threw. He's completely turned himself around thanks to that high school coach of his. To get a split in Houston was impressive. Now we'll see what happens in Minnesota. The Twins clubbed eight home runs again this afternoon in a slaughter of the Angels. Second time this year they've hit eight in a game.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Nobody ever talks about this but Hahn grew up a Cubs fan. Hahn was never at a White Sox game in his life until he started working for JR.

Is that why he runs this team like complete shit? Is he sabotaging the White Sox? 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That was a masterful game Giolito threw. He's completely turned himself around thanks to that high school coach of his. To get a split in Houston was impressive. Now we'll see what happens in Minnesota. The Twins clubbed eight home runs again this afternoon in a slaughter of the Angels. Second time this year they've hit eight in a game.

Don Cooper stans will get mad at you for.giving Giolito's high school coach credit

I wish I could have watched the game.  I was checking my phone and kept seeing zeroes for Houston.  I've watched some of the highlights, and now I'm really sad I didn't see the game.  Giolito looked awesome.  It's amazing how he has turned himself around.  He's had so much confidence out there over his last 4 starts.  Eloy continues to destroy baseballs.  What's most impressive is how effortless his swing looks.

Splitting the series in Houston was huge, especially considering how the first two games went.  The Sox could take this momentum into Minnesota and take 2 of 3.  Even taking one game would give them a 3-4 road trip record which many of us were considering to be the best possible outcome.

This team can be exciting, especially when the young guys of the future play well.

7 hours ago, mqr said:

I think he was a unicorn north shore Sox fan

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Awesome!  I did not know that.

Giolito showing why patience is a virtue especially during a rebuild.

In that regard, imho there are too many people on this board already writing off Madrigal as a bust. It is far too early to do that just like it was way too early writing off Giolito and Moncada like some were doing last year.

Like I said in our situation, patience is a virtue and could pay off big time in the long run.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Giolito showing why patience is a virtue especially during a rebuild.

In that regard, imho there are too many people on this board already writing off Madrigal as a bust. It is far too early to do that just like it was way too early writing off Giolito and Moncada like some were doing last year.

Like I said in our situation, patience is a virtue and could pay off big time in the long run.

I agree on Madrigal.  His path to the majors may take longer than expected, but at some point his natural ability will overcome our shit development staff and he’ll be a useful player.